Author Topic: Driveline Vibration  (Read 46269 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Re: Driveline Vibration
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2016, 03:11:19 PM »
I gave the old one to one of the teachers. Told him next time he teaches transmissions to see who let the goose loose in there.
That institution gets all my old parts! Lol..
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Captain Swampy

• Wisconsin
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2017, 03:44:58 PM »
I'm really happy you finally got to the bottom of it! It's awesome VZ takes time to help you out. I hope your getting your body work done by now.
1987  350TBI 700R4  4X4  4.56 gears  33" BFG All Terrain

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=32209.0

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Driveline Vibration
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »
Thanks Cap'n. I just saw your reply. Yes, we're in the midst of the bodywork now. Cab has been primered, moving on to bed soon. When this is done it should look like it it did at the dealership in '77. I'm never working on it again!! Lol..
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline SkinnyG

• Registered Users
  • Reducing resale value since 8-track days
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
I know this is ~your~ vibration thread, but I wanted to follow up with some of my previous input on my own similar vibration.

While I was 100% confident that my cyclic vibration was caused by the driveline and not the engine, it seems I may have been drunk all that time.  It ~was~ coming from the engine.  The engine was rebuilt 3 years ago, and properly assembled, and I had paid good coin to have the guts balanced before I assembled it.  Apparently I made a note that I noticed a cyclic vibration once I replaced the beat up cab mounts with poly mounts.

Seeing that the engine was the cause, I tried altering both the fuel and spark to see if it was a tuning issue.  Nothing. 

This weekend, I swapped out the POLY motor mounts to new RUBBER mounts, and the vibration was >much< reduced.  Monday I swapped the POLY trans mount back to a new RUBBER one, and the vibration is GONE.

And there we go.

Didn't find the ~source~ of the vibration, but I don't feel it, so I'm going with that.

ps: I'm enjoying your bodywork pics!
The Crusty Chevy: 1977 Silverado, shortboxed & dropped, potato-potato.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Driveline Vibration
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2017, 09:37:08 PM »
Thanks! We installed all new mounts. All new rubber. I have not tried it yet. Another week or so bed should be done and we're back on the road. Getting exited.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:40:45 PM by philo_beddoe »