Author Topic: 85 GMC C1500 lowering, wheels, tires  (Read 2882 times)

Offline 30-A Rider

85 GMC C1500 lowering, wheels, tires
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:31:50 AM »
I have read for hours and I’m shocked there isn’t a sticky thread on tires, wheels fitment. I own a Chevelle and the Truck is my wife’s she just got; 85 GMC C1500 long wheel base with factory 305, no rust, orig pain and 55K orig miles.

Want to lower 2.5” front, 4” rear: then new wheels & tires.

I have zero experience with this truck but my guess is 18” x 8-9” wheels with 5” backspacing should work.

I’d rather hear from others with same or greater lowering measurements as to what they are running please.
Any responses much appreciated.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 85 GMC C1500 lowering, wheels, tires
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 12:58:28 AM »
did you look http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?board=87.0
its full of people who drop their trucks and what wheels they use. im sorry im no more help but i have 0 experience with dropping a truck
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 30-A Rider

Re: 85 GMC C1500 lowering, wheels, tires
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 09:44:45 AM »
Appreciate the link.  I’ve spend a few hours reading through it and although it’s made me more familiar with approximately what I need to utilize; there are no threads of anyone that lists specifics with regards to the drop I want and listing tire, wheel size etc. Guess I will try to post on the lowering thread.