Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 252800 times)

Offline 80scottsdale

Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2002, 10:47:00 PM »
hey mike, what all does your stereo consist of?

i have 2 10" MTX thunder 6000 subs running off of a 400watt interfire amp, MTX tweeters, pioneer 6x9's, and two new blaupunkt 3 1/2's in the dash all running off the blaupunkt deck.    

Offline 83CHEVY

• Registered Users
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2002, 12:31:00 AM »
Well Mr. 80scottsdale, I have a JVC Digifine CD player that plays MP3's on CD-R's and CD-RW's.  It has a brushed aluminum finish to blend well with my trucks interior trim.  It also has a VOLUME KNOB that is very nice (I hate volume buttons).

I've got 3-1/2" Infinity 2 ways for the dash, Infinity separates for the Q-Forms in the kick panels, Infintity 5-1/4" for the 4x10 cab corner spots, (2) JL Audio 8" subs, and a Precision Power 5 channel amp to power it all.  The front channels will run at 2-ohms, the rears at 4 ohms (for soundstage) and the subs will run in parallel to get 2-ohms on the mono channel for them.

I just have to figure out how to mount the subs so I can still store stuff and maybe put a rifle behind the seat still.  I also have to figure out how to mount that big ol' amp under the seat.

I will have a lot of custom fab pieces for this system.  It should look great when I am done.  I am also putting in an Alpine security system with keyless entry.  I have designed some custom circuitry to make the horns honk when the alarm sounds (but not on chirps).  It will be cool.

Mike

Offline 80scottsdale

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2002, 05:25:00 PM »
sounds pretty sweet.  should sound really good.  i like the rotary volume control too...thats what i have.  plus i have the "thummer" (or something like that) remote that mounts on the steering wheel.  its pretty nice.  

Offline two77scottsdales

• New Users
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
hello, i'm Dan a.k.a. two77scottsdales, i'm 20 and i  live in minniapolis, minnesota where i was born and ive also live in arizona for5 years.im single. ive been  turning wrenches for a long time with my dad ,friends and work. Ive had many jobs...parts store, mechanic, tire tech, right now Im a manager of a quick lube but i just got my cdl and i start my new job in a week(driving a tanker) I have 2 77 chevy scottsdales I have a 2wd and 4wd. 77 chevy scottsdales has been my dream truck for as long as i can remember(now its a 2002 k2500hd 8.1l)so i bought my 4wd when i was 16 it was a basket case when i bought it so i rebuilt it and it now has a 4in lift 35 super swampers 350/350 4brl .but my mom has 200 acers and its sitting in her woods right now stuck. my step dad got his jeep suck and broke his wench trying to pull it out. my buddies k5 blazer got stuck and we tried to fit a tractor down the trail but its a old hiking trail 8ft at the widest spot and is nothing but mud.ill what till june june theres less rain to get it out.my 2wd 77 scottsdale i bought 1 1/2 years ago fform a old guy from NC its in pretty goodshape just rusted cab corners and fenders and im going to rebuld it this winter(Harold, im going to need your help with this one.....NO BONDO!!)and i just bought a new toy a suzuki gsxr600 my first motorcycle so we'll see how it goes
my email is...thedan863@yahoo.com

Offline EdelBrock350

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2002, 06:45:00 PM »
I guess i can go next...my name is jon...18 years old......live near KC,MO....not married....don't even have a gf at the monent..i do construction work and am currently buying parts to bring back my 1973 c-10 350/350......replacing or cleaning everything on it....the engine is where i'm spending most of the money on parts.....oh well.....only the best.

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2002, 11:27:00 AM »
My name is Mark, im 18 and im from a crappy town called Liberty Hill, TX but stuck in Waco, TX for school at TSTC to become a Computer Maintenance Tech.... should have went for automotive. I own a 76 chevy cheyenne long bed that has been in the family since it was new. I fixed it up over 3 years ago.... im never trusting Sherman Williams automotive paint again. So I was in the process of redoing door jams before the rest of the truck so its partially primered inside and no interior and I just put headers on it. Its power plant is a 350 .060 bus motor with a 280H Comp Cam, Edelbrock intake and valve covers, soon to be Comp Mag roller tips, it has 487 casting heads, 600 cfm Holley, Mallory Comp 9000 dist., and a TH400 which replaced the original granny which is sitting out back behind my dads shop. I Repainted it a factory 79 color which was charcoal metallic gray and it was from the factory black. I have to much stuff to list. I wish I was driving it but had to many tickets when i drove when i wrecked my stupid little Beretta. Cars and trucks is mostly what i know besides computers.  

boredstroked

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2002, 04:55:00 AM »
My names Tom. Im a registerd member since a while ago, but I forgot my user name and password :)
I live in Mesa AZ, am 20 years old and single, and own 2 chevy trucks. One is a 78 shortbed stepside with a vortec headed 383, muncie M20 four speed manual tranny and 5" drop [among many other things] The other is a 79 shortbed fleetside with a brand new vortec 350, th350 tranny, complete KICKER sterio and a small 2" drop in front [waiting on other drop components] Both trucks use flowmasters.
I also drive a honda accord V6!!!

Offline compsmith2001

• New Users
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »
Hello, My name is Lance Smith. I live in Chemung, NY. I purchased an 81 Scottsdale in May of 2001 and love it. I prefer the older trucks because they have more character.
I owned a 92 S-10 for over 7 years and still miss it. It was the best running vehicle I ever had. The guy I sold it to is still driving it with over 150,000 miles on it.

Offline Blu85silverado

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2002, 01:19:00 AM »
Hi I'm Mark from Sauk City WI. 25 min. from Madison. I'm 19 and am enroled in MATC(madison area tech college). I work at an area Ford dealer(JOB SECERITY) For  a year now. Not married no kids.  I drive an 85 lwd C-10 Silverado nice. minor rust for wisconsin only looks good at night . beacause you cant see the rust and dings and scrathes on the two year old $350 paint job. 305/700r4/2.73:1 . Big plans 300hp small block and modern five gear with a 3.73:1 rear, repainted professionaly. mpg SUCKS but who cares I love to drive. put almost 50k miles on in two years only left the state once. grate truck for $1400 purchase price with 92k miles on it.  

More info or pics email me at
       markie_fatboyslim@hotmail.com

Offline 80scottsdale

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2002, 05:32:00 PM »
bondo is good unless you abuse it

cowboy778

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
Just thought I would tell you all about me. I am 28 and a college student. I did 7 years in the military and then had enough. I now work for Harley Davidson in KC MO as an IS Intern. I have a 73 Chevy K20. I took the block out Saturday to have dunked and new freeze plugs and cam bearings. My truck right now is about 6 different colors. I am getting ready to sand down the engine compartment and start painting there. She eventually will have a 383 stroker in her. She stands 7'2" with 6" suspension lift 1" add a leaves and 3"body lift going to take the body lift off and get bigger tires. She has 35's now going to 44's. Well if you want to know more e-mail me.E-Mail

k20arctic911

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2002, 10:37:00 AM »
I have a 79 Chevy that is currently missing the front and back glass and sitting in the body shop for the third week.  I miss my toy.

It is also missing the bed since it was all rusted out.  I took it off so I could work on the frame.  I painted most of it black and did some detailing in Chevy orange.

I am painting it the factory metallic grey color that came in 79.

I have a 2" lift on my 3/4 ton 4x4 w/ a rebuilt 350.

Offline lumpyokc

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2002, 01:26:00 AM »
hello My name I Mark but everyone calls me lumpy im a Union Sheetmetal worker in Oklahoma City i have 3 kids and i own a 1987 chevy SWB its red and white im wanting to post pics on here but i cant see how to do it will someone please tell me how??   thanks Lump

Jim

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2002, 12:12:00 PM »
Hey guys,
My name is Jim (duh).  I'm 41 and married with  twin 7 yr old boys.  We live in Tallmadge (northeast) Ohio (yeah, about 1/2 mile from Summit Racing).  I have a '77 C-20 and a '78 C-30 crew cab dually.  I also have a '65 mustang fastback and a Honda Civic race car (I'm not really to one brand).  I'm an ex-NIASE (pre ASE) certified Master Technician, and am now a mechanical engineer.  I'm always needing to do something on these old trucks, so I'm thankful for this forum.  Nice to meet you all.
Jim

Offline JIM

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2002, 12:18:00 PM »
Sorry, that should have read "I'm not really loyal to just one brand"