Author Topic: Door  (Read 2554 times)

Offline 123 pugsy

Door
« on: October 30, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »
I have a 76 long box.Came with rust free "CAPA" doors.First question is:does anyone know if these doors will fit better than other after markets?
Second question:D oes anyone know how to get out a bubble in the door.Pop it in it pops out...Its at the top front just below the body line.There was a dent there and I pulled it out a wee bit too much

Pugsy
76 C10 LWB
TPI 350

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Door
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
Fit-Rite has the best fit for aftermarket parts.  Anything you get be it aftermarket or factory will require alignment/fitting.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline shaved80

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »
you'll have to shrink the metal. if you have or know anyone with a stud gun, there are shrinking tips you can use. or you can get a shrinking hammer, hit it down a bit. orrr if you're cheap, this is a very old school way that i wouldn't recommend unless you have experience with this. pop it so the "bubble" is sticking out using a oxy/acetylene heat it up until it is red hot, hit it right in the middle, then wipe with a wet rag

Offline 123 pugsy

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »
I've got a shrinking hammer ,but I must be holding the wrong end.What's the proper way to use this device?:\  

Pugsy
76 C10 LWB
TPI 350