Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 27, 2024, 08:17:08 PM »
Worked on the engine some today. Installed the heads and wanted to get the pushrods measured for the proper length needed. Could not complete the pushrod measurement because my adjustable pushrod measuring tool appeared to be too long. The minimum length was the same as the OEM pushrod and I did not think it would be shorter.

I went ahead and put the intake manifold and valve covers on to see how they would look. I had to order new gaskets and they will not be in till Monday. The gaskets I had were not what the AFR Head manufacturer suggested. Still have to figure out my proper pushrod length and order the correct ones as well.

I removed my engine from the engine stand and put it on an engine cradle. Seems safer since all that weight is not being put on the back of the engine with four bolts for an extended time. Beside that, it is easier to move around and takes up less room. This is the first time I have ever used a cradle.
Members Rides / Re: 1986 C10 after 14 years finally started on
« Last post by zieg85 on April 27, 2024, 05:30:06 PM »
At last a little progress... It now steers with the floor shift column.  It felt good to work on it finally.  Went back to work after 6 years of retirement so spare time is scarce combined with decent weather.
General Discussion / Re: Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 26, 2024, 08:28:16 PM »
The hose terminates at two spray nozzles that is attached to the cowl cover with a screw. It sprays on the windshield from the nozzle and does not connect to the wiper.

I lived in Hampton, VA when I was stationed there for the Air Force.
General Discussion / Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by recoil on April 26, 2024, 10:03:41 AM »
Are there "clips" of some sort the hoses attach to on the wiper blade assembly?  I don't see anything to plug the hoses into.  They are just dangling and flop around.

Thank you!
Steve
Hampton, VA
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: New distributor, now starts hard. 89 7.4 TBI
« Last post by Shifty on April 25, 2024, 04:14:24 PM »
I understand about the health thing, I've been having to sub work out myself, and I hate it, especially when it's  something I've done 100 times.  Good luck on the rehab from bypass... :)
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on April 25, 2024, 04:01:47 PM »
Think I'll put my diagnostic rig on and see what the traces look like on the screen for each cylinder.
Graham
Instrumentation / Re: Tachometer for 81 Chevy k10
« Last post by Captkaos on April 25, 2024, 03:54:48 PM »
RTX = Retro, they were modeled after the original dash layouts for each year split.  73-75. 76-78, 79-87(91)

I prefer the look of these also.   I am only showing as Mike asked and this is the reason we don't offer factory replacement
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on April 25, 2024, 03:50:48 PM »
It's got me that dizzy I've gone back to getting the interior back together, could do with some of that herbal mixture to cure my headache!
Graham
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: New distributor, now starts hard. 89 7.4 TBI
« Last post by 8d9SquareCrew on April 25, 2024, 03:33:57 PM »
Hi, The truck seems to be starting better, wires at coil were loose. The only reason I did not do the job myself is that I am recovering from bypass surgery. Now that I have seen the work that is coming out of this shop now and the prices, I wont go back. I was a little hesitant going in but gave them the work. They did the tune up, trans service, and an alternator. Thanks to everybody here for the help.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Transmission cooling lines in new aluminum radiator
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 25, 2024, 11:51:36 AM »
So is the consensus that the severe reduction in volume, i.e. 1/2"ID to 1/4"ID is not a concern?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10