Author Topic: My new truck  (Read 6980 times)

Offline 1976Scottsdale

Re: my new truck
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
Well, I tried to get it running again and there is a foreign body in the lines some where.  There is no fuel moving now.  I will blow out the lines and check the pump.  I also gutted the inside of the 84 last night.  The guy who was helping me said once I had removed the carpet, seat, dashpad, etc., that the underlayment was fine and to leave it.  I noticed it was a little damp, so I pulled it out and it was a good thing that I did because there was surface rust forming everywhere.  So, I am going to sandblast the interior this weekend.  Then I will spray a nice thick layer of rubberized undercoating, either that or some Herculiner.  Then I will lay in new carpeting and underlayment and a decent seat.

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 04:41:00 AM »
Okay, here is some more info.  The 84 donated it's alternator, which was kind of worn out to my 87 pickup... which promptly ate it and now the alternator grinds and crackles.  So, I got another used alternator from a friend and aside from having a stripped bolt hole in the top mount, which I managed to work around, the thing works great.  No squal, no grind, no heat, nothing.  This was a good thing.  I have had a for sale sign on the truck for 4 days now for $2500 OBO.  Two people offered, but she did not like them.  She would either not start, or squal the belts until they ran away.  She has found someone she does like other than me.  He is giving me $2000.00 cash for the truck today.  Now I am going to go find some new toys.(trucks)

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »
Well, I got on ebay and found a 1979 K-10 with no rust, dents, or abuse.  It has fender flares, a sun visor, and nerf bars.  Here are some pics.
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7962754496&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

So, does anyone think I made a mistake in choosing this truck over the barn full of trucks?  I did finally get to go and see them and there were actually 4 blazers and 3 trucks.  The trucks were okay but the blazers were kind of beat up.  They may come home some other time.

Edited by: 1976Scottsdale at: 3/24/05 1:30 am

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
Well, my new truck will be home Thursday or Friday.  Here are some pics.

What do you guys and gals think?