Author Topic: Rest in Peace to my old shortbed and its owner  (Read 3511 times)

Offline 1976Scottsdale

Rest in Peace to my old shortbed and its owner
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
I got some news on my old 1978 K-10 short bed.  It ran well in the Platte County mud run last weekend, it was the light blue one wiht the grey hood in case anyone was there.  Monday night, the owner rolled the truck and lost his life as well.  I was saddened to hear of the loss of a fellow 73-87 enthusiast.  It was sad to hear that the truck was gone, but it is just material, the kid dying was hard to take.

Online Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Rest in Peace to my old shortbed and its owner
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:53:38 PM »
That is awful.  My prayers go out to his family.

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 11:52:47 PM »
That's terrible.  Guys, live life each and every day--don't put that dream off.  You never know when your number is up.  Have no regrets.
It's a shame it takes hearing something like this to put things into perspective.   

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »
F! that sucks big time! A friend of mine got me into these trucks in high school with his 79 stepside and he killed himself 3 years ago. We'll never forget him or his legacy chevy truck. Sorry to hear about your old truck and his accident. RIP
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
The saddest part is that everyone is taking it as a no big deal thing around here.  I did not know the kid, never even met him.  However, I built the truck and tried to point out its flaws to the person I sold it to first, everyone said that I did not know anything because they were all older than me.  Now, as sad as it is, they listen to exactly what I try to tell them about these trucks.  I do not want to see anyone else hurt.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:54:43 AM »
The saddest part is that everyone is taking it as a no big deal thing around here.  I did not know the kid, never even met him.  However, I built the truck and tried to point out its flaws to the person I sold it to first, everyone said that I did not know anything because they were all older than me.  Now, as sad as it is, they listen to exactly what I try to tell them about these trucks.  I do not want to see anyone else hurt.

What are you saying? That you knew something that was seriously wrong with the truck and that's what caused him to die? Was the seat belt super glued in or something?
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »
The truck had a very wide stance that I built into it to keep it upright.  When I traded the truck, I informed the recopient that the crossmembers on the frame (ALL of them) were rusted out and that the rear suspension all needed to be rebuilt.  The next day, he had a wheel fall off and it further damaged the rear suspension.  No one wanted to accept the fact that all the truck had was a good body and a crap frame.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
Well I'm sure the guy knew what he had. If he chose to ignore it then that's his foolish problem... Don't loose any sleep over it...
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)