Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Engine/Drivetrain / differential swap
« Last post by jwpa2 on April 08, 2024, 07:00:21 AM »
Hey guys or gals, I recently swapped out my Differential's from 1984 GMC 1/2 ton to 1985 suburban 3/4 ton axle's and have noticed the driveshaft U-joint is not correct, the half ton U-joint that the cap is smaller then the 3/4 ton axle yoke and was wondering if any of you all had ran into this and what U-joint you may have used for that. Thank you.
Welcome / Re: 1979 chevy short bed blue 454 never touched
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 07, 2024, 09:30:46 PM »
That's a much better story than "I stepped on a stingray once and my name is Jodi"  ;D

Nice looking rig, great options, just needs a bath... 8)

BTW, I now have 'large shop Texas style' envy...Thanks!  ::)
Fuel Systems and Drivability / Re: Dualjet cruising lean hesitation
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 07, 2024, 09:23:16 PM »
So your Pontiac coil is HEI too.

Well, give it a shot.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 07, 2024, 09:21:01 PM »
I noticed that too but thought the pic got squashed, but looking again, it looks like it's much shorter than a stock distributor.
Brakes and Braking Systems / Re: 74 c15 no brake pedal.
« Last post by Swampyankee74 on April 07, 2024, 08:23:25 PM »
My parking brake isn't hooked up. As far as the pushrod goes I believe it is non adjustable on this vacuum booster, if there is such a thing.  I couldn't see a way to adjust it? I don't believe it is pushing on the master piston. I can slide the master cylinder back to its mounting spot on the vacuum booster without having to depress the piston.
Brakes and Braking Systems / Re: 74 c15 no brake pedal.
« Last post by VileZambonie on April 07, 2024, 07:20:56 PM »
Make sure the parking brake cable isn't pulling on the shoes. Check the pushrod length, pop the master off and make sure it isn't depressing the master while driving. Put an OE master cylinder on and see what happens. I've had a lot of trouble with those master cylinders.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by VileZambonie on April 07, 2024, 07:18:30 PM »
Well what you have in there does not look like the correct distributor to begin with. Is that all you can get there is Chinese?
Instrumentation / Re: 1987 R10 Silverado Instrument cluster bulb replacements
« Last post by mcgarijs on April 07, 2024, 05:21:09 PM »
 :) Thanks, I was planning on updating the dash at one point so 194's for now and that will get me going.
I have a  problem where the truck will be running just fine and then momentarily stumble like missing a fire sequence catch itself and keep going. I am hoping the ECM will help me if a code is stored. other than reading the check engine light in diag mode Im not sure how to get them. hence the bulb refresh. Thanks for your help
Instrumentation / Re: 1987 R10 Silverado Instrument cluster bulb replacements
« Last post by bd on April 07, 2024, 04:59:06 PM »
You will be safe using 194 bulbs throughout.  If you convert to LEDs, you may discover that the dimmer rheostat functions differently, meaning that dimming is no longer linear across full rotation of the dimmer.  This occurs because of the great decrease in current flow presented by LEDs when compared to incandescent filaments.  Workarounds are possible but may require a little bit of experimentation to tailor dimmer function the way you want it.  On the other hand, LEDs will brighten the dash display remarkably, dependent on the style of LEDs employed.
Instrumentation / 1987 R10 Silverado Instrument cluster bulb replacements
« Last post by mcgarijs on April 07, 2024, 04:33:22 PM »
My check engine light is burned out and wanting to upgrade or replace all the bulbs in the cluster. I dont have the cluster out yet and Im trying to get a shopping list together before I do. I know there are 12 bulbs in the cluster but don't know which ones are 161, 168 or 194 bulbs. looking to get a count so I can pick them up or swap out to LED's. If I get LED's I will need to get dimmable versions and ones that will fit. Has someone already don't this and can you share your insight with me. The truck is a 87 Silverado with gauges and clock in lower Left spot.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]