Author Topic: Blowing #11 Fuse Location 20Amp  (Read 726 times)

Offline ramseyakl

• New Users
Blowing #11 Fuse Location 20Amp
« on: August 29, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
Hello

New to the forum here, and I was hoping to gain some trouble-shooting techniques. I am blowing the #11 location fuse on my 1983 C20 6.2L Diesel, with a manual glow plug warmer. The Manual Glow Plug warmer was converted by the original owner, so it is on a push button and no longer activated (I Believe) by the turn of the tumbler.

I am not really sure why this fuse keeps blowing, but when it does it is killing power to my fuel gauge, the temp warning light, the oil pressure warning light and the emergency brake light, however the Oil Pressure Warning light still works as well as the rest of the dash courtesy lights.

I have pulled the high idle control solenoid green wire from the front of the truck near the IP, and it blew a fuse.

My next step is that I pulled the temperature control green wire on the passenger side head, which i believe controls the temp and tells the glow plugs to stop warming up after 125 degrees. A diesel mechanic told me that it may be grounding itself out at colder temperatures.

Thank you in advance for any help!
1983 Chevrolet C20 RCSB 6.2L Diesel 700R4 144K Miles
Single Tank, Driver Side
Was a Fleet Truck for San Diego Gas and Electric

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Blowing #11 Fuse Location 20Amp
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 03:18:44 PM »
What is the #11 fuse labeled?
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)