Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 252836 times)

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
If everybody could kinda follow suit with introducing themselves I think it would bring us all together as more of a community.  I moved here from an S-10 board where everybody was pretty much on a first name basis despite the user names and planned trail rides and wrenching weekends together and chatted on MSN Messenger.  I think it would be awesome for this board to be like that.  If you agree, then post a reply to this thread telling a little about yourself like your name, your age, married or single, if you have any kids, where you live, what kind of vehicles you have, and your user name on MSN, Yahoo, or the like.  :)     I guess I'll start it off...

87 Silverado 4x4 Longbed Pickup
My Mods | Truck Pics | E-mail Me

Edited by: roundedline at: 6/2/05 11:01 am

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 11:55:00 PM »
I'm Kevin.  I'm 21 and single, no kids.  I'm about 30 mins from Va Beach, 15 mins from Norfolk, VA.  I do construction (of the home remodeling and maintenance nature) and related things.  I just sold my 85 S-10 4x4 w/ a 3.4L and 700R4 w/ HD torque converter and TransGo shift kit, etc. for my 87 Silverado.  I've got a 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible I'm going to start restoring once I have the extra money.  I like to go to bars, play pool, go to the beach, and work on my truck.  Anybody in the vicinity, I'd really like to get a group of fullsizes together for a trail ride.  You can e-mail me through the link in my sig or PM me through the board.  On Yahoo! I'm kevinx108 and you can find me on MSN with KevinX108@hotmail.com

87 Silverado 4x4 Longbed Pickup
My Mods | Truck Pics | E-mail Me

Edited by: Kevin108 at: 6/3/02 12:55:02 pm

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2002, 08:17:00 AM »
If I remember correctly we did this back on the old board, but it sounds like a good idea to me. My name is Harold, I am 32 years old, I live in New Hampshaa, about 40 miles from weirs beach made famous for motorcycle week 76th year in two weeks. The Loudon Classic motorcycle race is also held at the same time. Mt Washington is approx. 70 miles north of my home.  I am not married but not single my girlfriend and I have been together for a little over three years, she has a 14 year old daughter. I have a lab husky who is my best freind and she has a choua (Taco Bell dog) who is cool as heck. I live in the small town I grew up in and probably will till I'm old and gray. I'm an autobody tech. by trade have been for almost 15 years. I have done stints as a heavy truck mech. assistant/ oil/ propane truck driver/ gas/ oil tech. assistant. I have been known to bang nails, for a living, and be a novice electrician. Pretty much a jack of all trades. I lend a buddy of mine and his father a hand on there pro stock roundy round cars from time to time and have helped another kid a few years with a four cylinder enduro car. I enjoy playing pool, down hill skiing, canoeing, walking in the woods, action movies, but most of all 4wheelin my 81 K5 350/ TH350 and cruising my 55 chevy. At current time I have to many vehicles according to my girl. A 78 K20 350 standard, a 86 K20 same combo, a 84 K10 305 standard, (all three of these have plows) plus the forementioned K5 and 55, and last but not least a slew of parts and parts rigs.

Edited by: Blazin at: 6/5/02 1:55:04 am
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline 7680GMC

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2002, 09:33:00 AM »
Hey everybody.  My name is David and I'm 19.  I have a 1980 GMC 1/2 ton.  I live all over, considering I'm in school and work.  I'm from WA, I go to school in MI and I work with Harley-Davidson, so right now, I'm Kansas City, MO.  I'm originally an import tuner, so I'm sorta new at this truck scene.  Im not out of the import scene.  I was tinkering with a 93 civic hatchback, but that got totaled in MI.  Now I am also playing with my 96 eclipse.  But right now, most of my energy is going towards the truck.

Offline jmmpz

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 12:37:00 PM »
Hi.
i'm jean-michel, I live in france (normandy) I'm 39 years old, married, have a nice daughter of 3 months, and a nice wife (marie-pierre) of 29 years.
I own a blazer k5 of 1984, 6.2l V8 diesel.:)

Offline 81chevy

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »
Hi my name is Luke,  I'm 22,  married with a 3 year old and a newborn due this month June 18.  Born and raised a farm boy  Manitoba, Canada. I currently have a 82 scotsdale,  81 heavy half , a 79 chev, 88 tbird turbocoupe(I know it's a ford the wife loves it).  I'm a steel worker,  just started my first restoration,  the 82 scotsdale.  I have lots of questions if any one has the time and patience.  MSN messenger- Luke (sled_head_440@hotmail.com)  Yahoo pager-Sled_head_440@yahoo.com.      

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »
Hey good idea Kev, now try and remember everyones name :lol
My name is Dell, I live in Conneticut (connetisuck). I am an ASE MasterTech and am 27. I am going to school for Mechanical Engineering, and am engaged, no kids. I Started out with my first Chevy truck, 1980 C-10 400 SB Th400 and dumped all my money into a lost cause. Stupid kid :lol  I then graduated that one to a 74 GMC 454, and an 84 K-10 and a 79 stepside c-10 and an 84 K5 Blazer, and then an 87 K5 Blazer and an 88 K5 Blazer, so now you know why I am here :)  I spend most of my free time riding ATV's. What can I say, I'd rather get my quads muddy than my trucks. I am also a musician and have played music for 14 years. So enough out of me already? Nice to meet you all... :D  

~Captain's Log~

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 84 silverado

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 05:29:00 AM »
OK, my turn. I'm Bill from Pensacola Florida. I'm a 43 year old ASE master tech working as a tech at a local chevy dealer. I'm also a licensed A&P mechanic(aircraft technician) and an Air Force reservist with the Hurricane Hunters. I'm married(very) and have a son who's almost 10. I ride my CBR1000 when I have time, fish offshore when I'm not riding or working, and somewhere in between I build race motors with a buddy of mine. We're currently doing a 69 camaro to run the 10.5" tire class and are shooting for the world record(1/8 mile) of 4.79. It's a true challenge. My truck is still in the building process and hope to be driving soon. It's a 84 silverado that's run abut 100 miles in the two years I've had it. The new motor's in a crate at work, the new rockers are in the front floor, the new doors are still laying in the shed.... I'll finish it when I have time. I need it soon because I hate taking my new Tahoe to the boat............

Offline scrant

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2002, 03:11:00 PM »
now meeeee..

my name is anthony monceaux "yes its cajun"
born and raised in lake charles la. now residing in baton rouge "red stick" louisiana which is the capital of the state..
im 29 till july 4th. I am employed as a graphics designer for a screenprinted apparel company..t-shirts, hats etc. Im married with no kids unless the dang cat counts, hahaha. i drive a 94 yj wrangler for my daily driver...in the process of purchasing an 81 lwb c10 from a friend..Also recieving a Zcar that is on a friends property when he bought it, which will eventually sport a 350-bowtie motor.
my wife drives a 2002 nissan altima "bought new on saturday"
its my way of getting what i want...new car for the wife...hot rod truck for the hubby! i enjoy loud live music in small venues, so we go to new orleans regularly to see the nice shows...New orleans is only 45 min away..."still cant believe people save money to take vacations there for mardi gras"  anyway thats about it for me...i also enjoy goin to drag races "new complex 40min from da house! they have a lot of cool events there saw the wrma regionals there like 2 months ago "superbike" races....go army of darkness racing! i also enjoy working on my house fixin it up makin stuff and tinkerin on cars and trucks...

nice meeting everyone...
keep on truckin
anthony :rockin

mtw

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2002, 05:22:00 PM »
I am not a registered member, so I am not worthy to tell about myself.  I am but a lowly guest.

Something went terribly wrong when I tried to register.  Now the system thinks my user name is taken and won't allow me to register under mtw.  I sure wish I were a member.

Mike

P.S. I have a 1983 K10 Silverado Longbed in (near) showroom condition.  It has almost every factory available option on it.  I still always find things to tinker with and fix (or improve).  I have a whole bunch of projects to tackle.  I have a whole stereo system to install with CD player, Amps, Subs and the like.  It is all in a big box right now.  I enjoy riding my XR400R and playing Quake III Arena in my spare time.  I am 32, married, two kids, a parrot, and an AutoCAD expert and a computer tech.  I work for an engineering firm as a CAD Manager/Senior Designer.  My other rides are a brand new loaded Nissan Maxima GLE, a '95 Cavalier, and a Honda Rancher 4-wheeler :-)

Offline Mikes79K5Blazer

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2002, 10:29:00 PM »
Hi my name is mike I am 24 years old and married.I live in phoenix, AZ. where I am an assistant plant manager in a manufacturing plant for air moving equipment.I own a 79 K5 blazer it has a 350,four barrel holley,intake,exhaust,headers, th400,shift kit,and a posi rearend with 3.73 gears. it also has an 87 front clip and dash.

Looking forward to talking to you

Mike

Offline 80scottsdale

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2002, 03:38:00 PM »
Name's Aaron.  i live in Rock Springs, WY.  17 years old, and i have a 1980 c10 scotty.  ill get some pics on here soon.  nothin big done to it yet except for a bad sound system, just small stuff like maintainence, dual exhaust, etc.  no rust or major body damage, and my dad and i are gonna paint in within a year hopefully. someday gonna drop a crate engine in to replace the 305.  still runs great after 130,000 miles.  i love these trucks!

Offline 83CHEVY

• Registered Users
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2002, 12:34:00 AM »
OK man I registered already.  Now I am 83CHEVY instead of that guest mtw.

My name is Mike.  I am 32.  I live in South East Idaho.  I still ride the Honda XR400R, restore my truck, and play Quake III online for hobbies.

I work for an engineering firm as a CAD Manager/Senior Designer.  I am the resident AutoCAD expert.  I am also a computer tech.

I still have the '83 K10 Silverado Longbed in (near) showroom condition.  It has the stock 305 which I plan to upgrade to a GM Performance HT 383 soon.  Performance mods include a beefed up 700R4, Flowmaster 3" dia exhaust, high perf HEI, and soon to have Hedman headers with true dual exhaust.  I have gone completely through my truck.  The only thing that is not new is that darn motor.  It still runs like new though, so it's hard to just change it for no good reason.  I also plan on installing a very cool stereo system this summer.  I already have all the stuff - just need time.

I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world with two of the cutest kids you ever saw.

My other rides are a brand new Nissan Maxima, '95 Cavalier, Honda XR400R dirt bike, and Honda Rancher 4-wheeler.

Edited by: 83CHEVY  at: 6/6/02 5:16:57 am

Offline 81crewcab

• New Users
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2002, 03:50:00 AM »
My name is Chris, I live in PA's Amish country between Philly and Carlisle. I'm 33 and married with twin two 2 1/2 year old girls who we adopted from VietNam at age 6 mo. I do estimating and design work for a small HVAC company up in the coal region. I also help with HVAC installations and service geothermal heat pumps.

My truck is an 81 Crew Cab C20 Custom Deluxe with a 350, TH400, 14 bolt ff. I bought it last month with 72,000 original miles on it for $2,700.

I spend what free time I have with my daughters which can be pretty intense (glad we didn't ask for triplets :) . I'm a leader with the Boy Scout troop I original attended as a boy. I enjoy motor cycle riding, camping, hiking, canoeing, backpacking, ....

When I'm not in my work van or driving the twins in our Windstar (lousy head gasket blowing minivan) I'm riding my GS850 Suzuki.

The Crew Cab is prefect for me. It has room for my family and a ton of diapers. It has enough ground clearance for rutted mountain roads but not so much that the scouts have an excuse not to hike into camp. The vinyl floor is easy to clean and I'm not worried messing up the steel rims.

I'm going to leave it stock for now. I need to buy a house before I can justify putting any money into the truck. Preferably a house with a really big garage. :)

P.S. I also have an International Scout 800 with a V8, 4 spd, twin stick transfer case, posi Dana 44, non assisted brakes and steering, not running and no floors. Hoping to have it on the road before the twins are ready to learn how to drive.

Chris

Russell

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2002, 08:20:00 AM »
I own a 1984 silverado that is seafoam green. Stock 305 th350 3.08 gears out back. Its fully loaded a and a good ride. I'm going to upgrade to 134a for a.c. then find a 3.73 posi, 700r4 and run the 305 till it blows up.I will then put in a GM crate 350. I work for txu in Glen Rose Texas. I have worked on cars and trucks all my life but I have a degree in electronics. I have been hapily married for 10 yaers now.I used to own a 1969 but they are heavy and uncomfortable 73-87 is the best!