Author Topic: How about a "Crew Cab" forum?  (Read 4544 times)

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
How about a "Crew Cab" forum?
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »
I have a crew cab and it seems there are some unique needs/issues/wants etc that don't fit perfectly into any of the other groups. (blazers/suburbans/trucks).

Seems every issue is a bit different.

Examples:
-You have different options for seats because you can mount them further back, but not the same as a suburban because the rear seat has a defined space.

-Sound system can be totally different.

-Do they really need rain gutters? Crew cabs are the only ones with full ribbed roofs?

-Frame is different.
 etc etc etc etc.
Cole
Restomod Crew Cab Short box on 37"s

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: How about a "Crew Cab" forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:29:37 PM »
Right now I feel like the crews belong with the pickups since it actually is a pickup.  Otherwise you will have one more forum that doesn't see alot of posts.

Burbs have the ribbed roofs too.

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
Re: How about a "Crew Cab" forum?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:07:09 PM »
I thought it was just a pickup too until I started building one and started to see the differences.

The ribbed roof on a CC goes all the way to the front, so it effects the need for rain gutters. On a Suburban they start behind the cab area so you still need rain gutters.

I just feel that since there is a suburban and a blazer/jimmy forum due to their body styles that the CC should have a place where you can talk about CC specific things.

Like rockers/ rear seat, headliner, frame mounts had to custom cut mine for the CC),

Just some thoughts.
Cole
Restomod Crew Cab Short box on 37"s