Author Topic: Picture request: Bench seats out of a newer chevy truck in your 73-87  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Fast_suv

• My Facebook
Picture request: Bench seats out of a newer chevy truck in your 73-87

That says it all...

trying to see if i want these in my 76....

1976 Chevy K10 1/2 ton
Tuff country 6" lift kit
3" body Lift
16/35/15Lt Super Swamer Boggers
--Under Construction--

Offline Skunksmash

Looks nice. Will they fit? You will probly have to custom up some brackets for em or something.

Offline levisjohnson

• Registered Users
I believe those are out of an early 2000 model.  I never liked them.  Every time I got in the truck I wanted to fold down the center console to find out is was not a console...but a funny looking bench with buckets on the ends.  Some one can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there are very many year model trucks that the seats will bolt up without any modifications.  Just my opinion though...if you like them...get them.
Levis

88 6.2L Diesel 3+3 3/4 ton

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
All are going to require some type of modification as the 73-87's floor was designed around the gas tanks and are not flat.  All other series trucks are basically flat in comparison.

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
Another thing I have learned is that if you are a big guy,  you dont want those seats. They are thicker and it will put you alot closer to the steering wheel. I can get away with them in my Extended cabs, and they would work in a crewcab, sub, or blazer because you have some room to spare. I want a set front and rear out of a newer crewcab to put in my extended crew.
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline exilous

• Registered Users
on my C30 project I took the bucket seats out of my 87 k5 blazer which has a flat floor i had to do some serious modification to make it fit and i still have to put a bar behind it so the back of the seat doesnt rub the back of the cab and it pushed me a good 2 inches closer to the wheel and about an inch closer to the roof maybe 2 inches. now 2 inches doesnt seem like a lot but in the cab it really is.