Author Topic: Bench Seat or Captain Seats  (Read 4381 times)

Offline unbludictable

• Registered Users
  • Low Down Blu
Bench Seat or Captain Seats
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
Hey, I'm stuck between fixing or replacing the existing bench seat, and buying two captain from a buddy of mine! I kinda like the old school bench seat for several reasons, like having my wife lean on me while driving! ;D Comfort is important! I just haven't found a bench seat in good enough condition!

I need some help!

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: Bench Seat or Captain Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 05:05:55 PM »
It is a matter of preference.  I have buckets out of a Suburban I am putting in my 86.  I have a stick shift and with the seatbelt laws and safety I would rather have her with the shoulder belt on instead of the lapbelt in the center.  The buckets has armrests so I prefer that and with the center console nice to store stuff and the drink holders are a plus.  My other truck, another stick shift I have a bench.  I like it as well so it is a toss up as to which is better.  My $.02
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline camdenoilchange

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »
i say go with a good set of buckets. they are more comfortable to me. I got some out of a 05 monte carlo ss waiting to go in mine. they are real comfortable and the black leather will look nice.

Offline DnStClr

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
Guess I'm just old school too. I prefer a bench so I can throw stuff in easily after shopping. Wifey also says it's a must have. 
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline Dragon

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 01:30:20 AM »
Guess I'm just old school too. I prefer a bench so I can throw stuff in easily after shopping. Wifey also says it's a must have. 
+1 I too am the same way, especially for a Good Pick'em Up Chuck! ;D  Yet oddly enough my Wifey actually said that she thinks it should have some buckets ??? ??? ???  IDK, I might eventually settle for a Newer Split-Back Bench Design, so I can have my center armrest, and a pair of Headrests as well.....
Dragon
08 Magnum-New Toy
96 Caprice 9C1-Who Knows
96 GMC ECLWB & 92 Chevy ECLWB
77 GMC K25 HS-Gone but Not Forgotten