Author Topic: 82 c10 frame shortening  (Read 26461 times)

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: 82 c10 frame shortening
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »
There are differences in the 73-80/81 up frame/brackets and then differences on the 10,20,30 models and of course specialty units
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline moregrip

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »
There are many reasons one may want to modify their frame as opposed to buying another. For me, I loved my truck, factory big block 74 GMC, many unique reasons and sentimental, numbers match etc. Swapping frames was not on my radar plus I was building a 4-link, making it look stealth (no bolt on brackets) and doing other modifications so a frame swap brought no advantages. So if it makes sense, do it but just do it right.

As far as that kit, I don't know anything about it but it looks decent (aside from the branding which is pretty ugly imo) but not all spring hanger mounts are the same. That looks strictly 81 up half ton 2wd to me so if you have an earlier frame I don't think that will work, just throwing that out there before someone sees this, buys it and is disappointed. Do they offer other versions for other configurations?

That kit was made/bought for my 75 1/2 ton HD frame. I believe he has other programs he can run for other options. Real easy to talk to and get information from, I just DM's him for answers

Offline moregrip

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 07:09:22 PM »
Wow

That's a lot of work

Lot easier to just buy  a shortbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it is! Shortbeds are at such a premium in my area I went this route 2x now brother