Author Topic: under hood wires need help bad!!!  (Read 15609 times)

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: under hood wires need help bad!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
Vacuum is plumbed from the intake manifold, via a 7/32" hose, to a ~6" round, black plastic reservoir that mounts to the driver side firewall.  The reservoir contains an integral check valve that keeps reservoir vacuum from bleeding off when the engine is accelerated hard or shut down.  The vacuum line from the A/C control plumbs directly into this reservoir.

Ok in this pic the black round thing ("Vacuum Reservoir") is what your talking about right above the tire..http://s816.photobucket.com/user/fordkilaz/media/001.jpg.html ...
Yes

... Then is this pic http://s816.photobucket.com/user/fordkilaz/media/002.jpg.html what the ball thing ("Vacuum Reservoir") goes to - its the small black line right above the ground cable in the pic?
Yes - aka: "Spaghetti Line"
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline fordkilaz

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »
  Thanks for the help. LOL BD ("Vacuum Reservoir") sorry.

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
 ;D
Rich
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!

Offline fordkilaz

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 11:23:11 PM »
 Funny man bd :P.  Ok I took all the ecs stuff out and marked all the wires I could that I know what they were. Took the vacuum things out on both sides. Now stuff is moving along pretty good here.   I have some more wires to find out what they are I looked through the diagram's and could not find what I was looking for. So here goes it.  There is a connector on the drivers side firewall that goes into the cab right below the fuse block. It has 4 wires 1 d blue with white strip, lite blue black strip, d green, and tan.  Also there is a vacuum line that run's with it to the brake switch. I think it is all cruse control stuff???? Can I take all that out along with the vacuum line??? The vacuum line is not hooked to anything right now. I bought ( got it free) the truck with no motor or tranny.   Just about time to get the engine to the dyno and then stuff it in the truck. I cant wait!!!!!   Then I gotta do all the msd, boost controller, exhaust and then the dreaded fuel cell, fuel system. UGH.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:44:35 AM by bd »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 03:06:17 AM »
lol ford dont be so hurt my comment was deleted
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:14 AM »
... There is a connector on the drivers side firewall that goes into the cab right below the fuse block. It has 4 wires 1 d blue with white strip, lite blue black strip, d green, and tan.  Also there is a vacuum line that run's with it to the brake switch. I think it is all cruse control stuff???? Can I take all that out along with the vacuum line??? ...

That's the cruise control harness.  It seems to me a few members recently reported problems when removing the cruise wiring. 
Rich

Offline fordkilaz

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
 So I should just tuck it away??? Just leave it in and not cut it out.  Maybe I could use it for the trans brake button????  HMMMMMMM