73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

1984 Engine Harness

(1/1)

TB24:
Hey all, I am in the process of putting a 350 in my 1984 K10 Silverado 4 speed that came with a 305.

I have been looking for engine harnesses and all catalogs end at 1982. I am wondering why that is and if an 82 harness would work for my application. This will be a very stock rebuild. I’d like to use cruise control and everything original except the electronic spark control.

I just can’t figure out why everything ends at 82. Thanks everyone.

AZ4X4SQBDY:
I used the '82 harness that was available in my '85 K10, the main difference, if I remember correctly,  is a oil pressure switch that powers the electric choke. I had to open the loom and leave the oil pressure switch connection reach down farther because I used on on the block near the filter not at the distributor. The harness only included the engine sensors, HEI connection, choke, fuel tank gauge and starter wires. It also ran the starter wires down the front of the engine where as most of the TBI's I am a little more familiar with run them in the back.

The ESC and cruise control, I believe are separate harnesses and not available aftermarket.

The board has wiring diagrams that should verify the minor differences

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version