Author Topic: Cops are gonna love me!!  (Read 6412 times)

Offline okiewelder1973

Cops are gonna love me!!
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »
Just ordered these.......

noise by okiewelder, on Flickr

Offline team39763

Re: Cops are gonna love me!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »
Haha...your neighbors are gonna love you.  The old wrecker from around the corner used to have one of those and man it was loud.  He used to wind out first gear and man that thing would scream.

Offline okiewelder1973

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »
I got told they will frighten our children!!

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »
Not the children!

Offline okiewelder1973

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
my 2 yr old already gets excited when we "go fast"

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »
Years ago when my daughter was 3 we where leaving a gas station and she said "Make it bark Daddy!" So what's a good daddy suposed to do? I lit em' up and about the time it was really barking a cop came around the corner. He didn't understand at all. Got a few tickets that nite! Best part was I had to explain to a 3yr old what was happening. I told her that he must have had his window down and didn't like the way daddy's truck sounded. I told her that while he was in the car writing tickets (and probably trying to shake off the carpal tunnel syndrome..lol). When he came up to the truck window she leaned over from her car seat and asked him "if you don't like the way daddy's truck sounds why don't you just roll up your window?" He didn"t think that was to funny but I sure did. I was even laughing about still when I wrote the check for the tickets.
How was he supposed to know the sweet looking innocent kid had octane running thru her blood?
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline Cody1018

• Registered Users
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »
Just ordered these.......

noise by okiewelder, on Flickr

Where did you order them from? Link?
1986 Chevy K10 Silverado

Offline thachevythang

• Registered Users
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 01:09:44 AM »
'85 SHORTBED

Offline slammed79

• Thou shalt not drive stock
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
Years ago when my daughter was 3 we where leaving a gas station and she said "Make it bark Daddy!" So what's a good daddy suposed to do? I lit em' up and about the time it was really barking a cop came around the corner. He didn't understand at all. Got a few tickets that nite! Best part was I had to explain to a 3yr old what was happening. I told her that he must have had his window down and didn't like the way daddy's truck sounded. I told her that while he was in the car writing tickets (and probably trying to shake off the carpal tunnel syndrome..lol). When he came up to the truck window she leaned over from her car seat and asked him "if you don't like the way daddy's truck sounds why don't you just roll up your window?" He didn"t think that was to funny but I sure did. I was even laughing about still when I wrote the check for the tickets.
How was he supposed to know the sweet looking innocent kid had octane running thru her blood?

Thats awesome!!
74 C10 Long bed 350/SM465 Lowered on 20's

Praise the lowered

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
Those are 3 inches? hope you dont have a stock small block

Offline thachevythang

• Registered Users
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 12:39:48 AM »
Whats better? The Thrush 4" or Flowtech 3"

These are 2" outlets: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Seamless-Glass-Pack-Header-Mufflers,1702.html

Purchasing them instead of a full system. Block is not going to be stock at all. Just curious as to what the issues might be?

Here's another site with more selection and sound clips: http://www.headermufflers.com/
'85 SHORTBED