Author Topic: Problem finding three point seat belts  (Read 27588 times)

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
Problem finding three point seat belts
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »
Ok I have a question first though, why does it say "This is the shoulder 3 point pair only. If you need the lap belt please choose that from the options list." Wouldn't the three point seat belts include lap belts with it, I don't understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 07:52:11 AM »
Its a 3 point lap and shoulder belt for the bench seat. A 3 point MUST cover the lap. You can also buy JUST the lap belt which is for the passenger that sits in the middle.

What you see in the picture is what you get, which is one full 3 point belt system for one person.  But for each side of seat.

But it does say "this two passenger....."  So does that mean two passengers? The driver is not a passenger. I dont think.

Best bet, send Chris an email. He is the owner. Click "contact us " on the home page. You wont have any problems. The store has quality parts.

Oh, and you cant use that large online truck catalog place in a reference on the forum. The others are ok.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:54:43 AM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
Re: Problem finding three point seat belts
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »
Ok I'll try those

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 09:31:52 AM »
To clear up any confusion, "passengers" is in reference to anyone sitting inside the vehicle, driver included. So a "two passenger" kit is for the driver seat and right passenger seat. The optional lap belt is for the middle seat over the trans hump. If it was for a 3 seats, driver, middle and passenger, then it would be a 3 passenger kit.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Rattler12

• Registered Users
  • Old Geezer
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
There's a place out of Florida that has a large assortments of colors to pick from. I couldn't use OEM colors because they didn't go with my interior colorscheme.......seatbeltsplus.com
83 C-10 shorty 454, 5spd, 3:73 posi

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
I went there and yes there are a lot of color choices but if the picture of them is correct those are the ones that won't work with my truck they look the same as the three point seat belts I already tried

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:08:07 PM by bd »

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 10:00:25 PM »
To clear up any confusion, "passengers" is in reference to anyone sitting inside the vehicle, driver included. So a "two passenger" kit is for the driver seat and right passenger seat. The optional lap belt is for the middle seat over the trans hump. If it was for a 3 seats, driver, middle and passenger, then it would be a 3 passenger kit.
Ok, LTZ thanks for clearing that up. I always thought a passenger was a ..."passenger". Ya hey whatever man, i get it. Lol
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 12:21:22 AM »
Just wanted to make sure everyone understood it.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 08:25:24 PM »
Ok I got the seat belts from the 73-87 chevy trucks store, and no luck, I tried as hard as I could to make them fit but it never worked, here is a picture of them,  in the picture that is as close as I got to making them fit correctly, not how they suggested in the directions with the belts

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
On my 77, that part you show in the picture is mounted higher up in the cab, almost behind the door striker. I will take some pics first thing in the morning.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
I hope i have mine right, if not somebody let me know.

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 05:19:35 PM »
Ya about that

I don't have that mount in my 75

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 06:20:49 PM »
So you only have a lap belt correct?

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2016, 06:25:41 PM »
I only have a lap belt but I have a bolt hole for a high mount

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »
Ok, i am sure there is a 3 point belt out there that will fit your truck. A little research should come up with something. Thats what this forum is about. Nonetheless, you have real nice matcing oem belts. But i know, you want safety.