Author Topic: Junctin Box connections  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Will B

Junctin Box connections
« on: August 30, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
How do I remove the wiring harness plugs on the engine bay side of the junction box? Running a new intermediate wiring harness and cant get the old one off because I cant get the tabs or whatever off that hold it down. Truck is an 83 K20.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:22:42 PM by Will B »

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Junctin Box connections
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
Are you referring to the bulkhead connector located to the left of the steering column?  Unthread the center bolt that retains the engine harness connector to the firewall bulkhead plug.  As you back the center screw out it should dislodge the connectors so that you can separate them from the firewall.  Once the harness and connectors are dangling loose, the paired halves will slide apart and separate from one another.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Will B

Re: Junctin Box connections
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 08:18:19 AM »
Are you referring to the bulkhead connector located to the left of the steering column?  Unthread the center bolt that retains the engine harness connector to the firewall bulkhead plug.  As you back the center screw out it should dislodge the connectors so that you can separate them from the firewall.  Once the harness and connectors are dangling loose, the paired halves will slide apart and separate from one another.

Perfect, thank you!