Author Topic: Stronger 2WD Front coil Springs  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Small_Block_Medic68w

• New Users
Stronger 2WD Front coil Springs
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »
I've been searching for front springs to pick the nose of my 87 LWB 2WD. Not a fan of the pitched nose look but I cannot find a kit or the info I need to know what vehicle I could pull the front springs off of to give me the lift I'm looking for (maybe a 2500 front springs?) or a company that sells springs to lift it. I'm not looking for alot of lift around 2inches. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline 85 CA SIERRA 1500

Re: Stronger 2WD Front coil Springs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »
Hi, keep in mind that coils with a higher spring rate may increase ride harshness, maybe look into airlift coil boosters (airbags that fit inside the coils). I have not tried these yet but have heard some good things about the results and am planning to try them when my finances permit, like you I am not a fan of the raked butt high nose low look on a pickup, maybe a '70's muscle car but not on a pickup.
All the best,
Tracey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline MrFiveOh

• Registered Users
  • The Local Po-Po
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »
moog 6454 coils. They go on the c20s. high spring rate too. They are often used on c10s and a coil cut off to give it a lowered stance but maintain a good response in suspension. the factory coils for 1/2 ton trucks are too  small and often cause body roll and how a low spring rate.  These are also used on LS swapped trucks, its a cheap upgrade that is one of the best upgrades available.

I personally have used thm on my truck in conjunction with a sway bar and it has surpassed handling in any truck i have ever driven.
1974 C-10 AKA "Smurf"
350/700R4 Hooker Headers 134-A A/C
4/5 Drop - Ridler 650 rims 20x8.5/20x10
Kenwood single din radio 2 IB-Flat Pioneer Subwoofers Rockford Fosgate Power 1000-bdcp amp

Offline Small_Block_Medic68w

• New Users
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »
Thanks for the advice gentlemen!