Author Topic: 3 Point Retractable Seat Belts  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
3 Point Retractable Seat Belts
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »
Can someone recommend new belts that are an easy replacement and from where for my lap belts. There are threaded holes on each side behind trim panel that can accept the shoulder mount.
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Henry

• Frequent Member
Re: 3 Point Retractable Seat Belts
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:31:22 AM »
Hi Roy:
I bought a set of 3-point seat belts for my 76 from Brothers. They have a good quality appearance but they do not have the OEM style buckles. My only complaint with them (and it is a small complaint) is that the automatic retractor lock actuates too quickly, so you have to pull the buckle over your waist slower than you feel like you should to buckle in.

Regards,
Henry

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »
Thank you Henry. The fast locking should insure good locking ability when needed. Not a bad thing at all.

Do you have a link for the one you got? Was it a fairly straight forward upgrade? Is there installation hardware needed
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Henry

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
Hi Roy:
The Brothers website is www.brotherstrucks.com. Their phone is 951-808-9790. The belts I bought from them were the BELTK6-1 (set of 3-point belts) and BELT100 (center lap belt), both in burgundy color. My truck has the bench seat and my interior is burgundy color so these matched my interior. I recall that the belts came with all hardware and I did not have any fit problems. Now, my truck is a Custom Deluxe and has minimal interior trim (no carpet and no headliner)...I have heard other models have trim around the upper shoulder belt holes so I am not sure if this is going to require any modifications to your trim...you will have to ask them or others who have added shoulder belts...I vaguely recall seeing a post on this website earlier this year or last year where someone was discussing the fit around the upper shoulder belt hole because of Cheyenne, Scottsdale, or Silverado trim. Anyway, I bought both the belt sets from Brothers in 2008 and the total cost including shipping was about $255. I am happy with the belts but I still plan on upgrading them with the OEM buckles because I want the OEM look...everything about the belts look OEM except for the buckles.
Regards,
Henry

Offline DustyRusty

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 04:26:57 PM »
Also check out Juliano's.  He may have what you want:   https://www.julianos.com/Seat-Belts-s/96.htm

1975 K-10 SWB Fleetside - 350/SM465/NP205/D44F 12-boltR, 3.73 gears.  Original owner.
Customized by rust.

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
Wanting installation info from some one that has a 73, 74, 75 or whatever other models are just like my 74, that have upgraded to 3 point seat belts. I have oem folding back bench seat.  About to order and would like more information, tips, tricks, etc. This is the one I found and decided on,

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/WSCH256P.html

Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Henry

• Frequent Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »
Hi Roy:
I also noticed that Classic Industries has seat belts...you may want to check out their prices...shipping from CA would probably be significant.

Regards,
Henry