Author Topic: 6” lift kit questions  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Matt9278

6” lift kit questions
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:54:46 PM »
Hey I’m looking at either the rough country or skyjacker lift for my 83 k25 4x4 with 350 & a 4spd I know I need a longer pitman arm but what else should I brace myself for? Brake lines? New Driveshafts? Are the old ones long enough? I guess what I’m getting at is what do I need to order that doesn’t come with the kit. This is my sons pickup and we picked out some 37” tires he likes so it looks like we need to lift it up a bit haha. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Matt9278

Re: 6” lift kit questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 02:21:48 AM »
Regular cab long box too if it matters.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 02:35:48 PM »
I put together some food info on lift kits aight the help oof others on here
This will kind of show you what tires can fit with what lift.
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=31301.0

This one is for a 4" lift with skyjacker front springs. But there's some useful parts that you can still use
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=34074.msg290006#msg290006
 As far as the driveshafts the rear you can reuse with no issues the front should be a tad longer but you can still use the stock one it just puts it to the max contact for the splines in the slip yoke. It will work but abuse it and they can overtime strip.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Matt9278

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:42:33 PM »
I did see your post with the tire size to lift size comparison and that is what made us decide on the 6”. It’s good to hear the rear driveshaft will work still. I’ll have to look into a tad longer front. Thanks! Will the brake lines be ok you think?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »
they can work but just like the driveshaft they get maxed out and you have to take the clip out and let them unsafely hang. most people get stainless lines or the rubber ones that was in the post.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Matt9278

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 03:11:21 PM »
Ok thanks!