73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

NO BRAKE LIGHTS TURN SIGNALS

(1/3) > >>

bicent truck:
I took bed off for restoration of 76 C10 longbed, and recently needing truck on the road to get some welding done ( new exhaust), I can't seem to get the brakes or lights in general to work on rear of truck. I tied the lights and harness back onto frame temporarily, and screwed the ground to the frame, which I think it might be still a grounding problem. I have power back there with a test light. I did paint the frame with rustproofing after grinding and cleaning it, but sanded a small spot in frame where ground was fastened for good contact. Any suggestions? Not sure if it's directly related but my fuel gauge doesn't work properly all of a sudden after 30 years, is this tied directly into ground or lights or just a coincidence. Everything going the wrong way right now, instead of improvements I'm going backwards!  

roundedline:
How are the front turn signal lights?  Do they work? Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

bicent truck:
front directional lights both work fine, nothing working in rear, they worked fine with bed on few months ago.

roundedline:
Is the rear harness grounded? Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

bicent truck:
the ground wire off rear harness is bolt and nutted to frame. I sanded the hole it went in since I previously paintd frame with anti rust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version