73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Performance

Will Tall Valve Covers Fit?

(1/2) > >>

Texas455:
Hello, I have a 78 C10.  I have a "mock up" 6.0 long block sitting in the frame using Tin Works Fabrication motor mounts.  The engine sits nice in the frame and has about 4 degrees of rear tilt, like the factory LS trucks that I checked.  The 4L80 and original drive shaft fit without altering.  The engine is all the way forward (mounts allow engine to slide).  The motor looks like it belongs right where it is but I don't think a very tall valve cover will fit.  I want to run the adapter that hides the coils and accepts standard small block Chevy valve covers.  With this set up the overall height is 5".  Is anybody running something similar? The valve covers I want to run are ProForm 141-924 and the adapter is Sum-440690.    Anybody running this set up?  pics?   Thanks.

peewee0413:
Can we see pics?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

peewee0413:
Like holley's two piece valve cover?

Texas455:

--- Quote from: peewee0413 on August 10, 2022, 09:58:51 AM ---Like holley's two piece valve cover?

--- End quote ---

Yes, like the Holley two piece.  I added the part numbers to my post for the cover and adapter.  I'll have to get some pics later today. Thanks.

peewee0413:

--- Quote from: Texas455 on August 10, 2022, 11:54:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: peewee0413 on August 10, 2022, 09:58:51 AM ---Like holley's two piece valve cover?

--- End quote ---

Yes, like the Holley two piece.  I added the part numbers to my post for the cover and adapter.  I'll have to get some pics later today. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
.Brake booster issue maybe if your running one..but there's ways around....Haven't seen your type of set up before..hopefully someone has some info..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version