Author Topic: Fuel tank selector valve  (Read 1287 times)

Offline PETIE3320

• New Users
Fuel tank selector valve
« on: November 13, 2020, 07:34:56 PM »
Does anybody have any info on how to bypass the dual tank fuel selector valve? I just had the valve on my 86 k10 blow on me and since I only have once tank on the truck I’m wondering how to bypass the valve instead of replacing. I’m having a hard time finding a visual and anything that really makes sense. The fuel gauge isn’t working now as is so I’m not to concerned with getting it to work but just wanted To make sure before I go to crazy in it that it is possible and the best way to do it.

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
Re: Fuel tank selector valve
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »
Just run your lines from the tank you are using to the fuel pump. Use a single hose from the tank your using by connecting it to the metal line from the tank to the metal line to the fuel pump (3/8" supply, 5/16" Vent, and 1/4" return), You need about 12" to 18" of each size fuel hose and 2 clamps for each hose. You can direct wire the Sending Unit on the tank you are using to get the gauge to work unless it is bad or other problems exist. There have been threads in this forum on this very subject that you can look at for any additional information.

Have a question, why do you have one tank on your truck and a fuel tank selector valve?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:45:14 PM by Mike81K10 »
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin