Author Topic: For those of us who have more idle time placed upon us in these difficult times  (Read 1422 times)

Offline bake315

• Frequent Member
How are you all choosing to use one the few things left at the moment we can control to a certain extent - how we spend that time?

As for myself, I have a couple of truck related balls in the air.  Today, I'm drilling out a seat belt mount bolt on Oscar that got sheared off flush.  Apparently at some point in his life this happened, but rather than fixing it the right way - or indeed, at all, they instead drilled a second hole next to it and ran, of all things, a galvanized lag bolt through it.  Oh yeah, that'll be safe...  I'd already re-done the driver's side - it only had a too-small bolt of incorrect thread shoved in it.  Not sure what they were thinking.

Also,  I loaded up my parts washer with cleaner, and have a bunch of parts soaking from Felix's engine rebuild project. 

Finally if I can get to it before dark, I'm going to temporarily install a small fuel gauge in Oscar (he had none when I bought him).  Ultimately he's slated to get the Dakota gauges, but that's a more involved project for a later time.  For now I just would like to know how much gas is in the main tank. Auxiliary will follow soon after.

What about everyone else?

bake315
• '73 Cheyenne Super C20 454/400 http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=7672.0
• ’79 Scottsdale K10 350/NP208/SM465 “Oscar” http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=37885.0
• ’87 Custom Deluxe R30 350/400 “Felix”

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
Going to mess with a used push-bar that needs some attention before heading off to be powder-coated.  Oh, and lubing-up my manual window-regulators.
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
I spent 5 days popping dings and dents out of a used 74 GMC tailgate to restore it. I am so impressed with the way it sounds and fits after all the work. They used real American metal back then. I want it to look mint, so I have dedicated this as my birthday present to myself  ;D Next, I am buying a new hot tub. If I'm gonna die, I want my back to feel good first.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
It is pretty much the same for me.  My Dr. office called to cancel my annual physical tomorrow.  I have so many projects going waiting for warmer weather and now the grass is greener and looks like that is going to start soon.  Changed almost overnight.  Being retired it hasn't affected much so far.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/