Author Topic: should i remove my spray in bedliner??  (Read 1989 times)

Offline pedigo78

• Registered Users
  • Big Blue
should i remove my spray in bedliner??
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
So the bed of my truck already has a spray in liner but it looks like crap. Can i just get some more and touc hit up myself? I am thinking about getting the Herculiner (or whatever). Also I an thinking about pulling my carpet and spraying it, but then relaying my carpet down over. What do you think.
Sgt Pedigo USMC

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: should i remove my spray in bedliner??
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:11:57 AM »
i would try to match it up first “the brand” but it might have a problem bonding.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
Herculiner is a waste of $$. As far as do it yourself spray in liners, SEM is the only way to go.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »
     I am with Blazin, herculiner is no good unless you are applying to fresh metal, then it works good.  Irish might also have a very good point on the bonding issue.  As far as taking it off, short of sand blasting it is a pain in the butt.  I know, I have tried several things to a professional install bed liner and I ended up sand blasting everything off.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom