Author Topic: ?????350 Motor Swap?????  (Read 1481 times)

Offline fangs140

• New Users
?????350 Motor Swap?????
« on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and could use a little help with my 76 Chevy C-10 with a 350. Just picked this truck up cheap cause it has a cracked head and who knows what else internally, the guy who had it before me overheated the motor and kept driving the way it looks..***Anyways my question is "will a 350 from a 93 Chevy 1500 with throttle body work in my 76, if so would I need to change the throttle body back to carburated"?? Thanks for any help!

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: ?????350 Motor Swap?????
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »
93 is a one piece rear main seal, and 76 is a two piece rear main seal. Rear crank shaft flange is different. You will need a flex plate, or fly wheel from the newer motor. Depending on if your truck is stick, or automatic.
In order to swith to carb you will need a carb intake to fit the fuel injected heads. Several aftermarket companies make them, such as Eldelbrock etc.
Dip stick tube in on the right hand side instead of the left like the two piece rear main motors, this should pose a problem, just puting it out there. The oil pans are not interchangeable.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:51:02 AM by Blazin »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
You will need an electric fuel pump also. The new motor won't have the provision for a mechanical pump.
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »
I'd find a pre '87 350-- a lot simpler.  Take the '93 engine and resell it and take the money to get a pre tbi engine.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot about the fuel pump! Der!! ::)
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs