Author Topic: Tv bracket frustrations  (Read 2423 times)

Offline 86chevytrk

Tv bracket frustrations
« on: December 28, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »
Hey out there, I'm having a serous problem with my "new" c10. I have a 305 with a 700r4. The previous owner put in a 1406 edelbrock carb with a performer rpm intake. But no throttle or tv cable bracket :-[. I'm on my third bracket now but none of them seem to work. I bought the guitar pick looking one, the fancy spectre chrome one, and a TCI one. Nothing bolts up correctly with the proper geometry for the cables to function correctly. I did a search here and every where else and can't seem to find the answer for my particular setup >:(. Please help me as I would like to drive my truck soon. Thanks in advance

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Tv bracket frustrations
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »
They will work and are adjustable. There are many options including modifying the factory bracket.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 86chevytrk

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
I plan on modifying the TCI bracket. It's the only one that's "close". it just doesn't bolt up properly.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:36:26 AM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 86chevytrk

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 10:02:50 AM »
Thank you Mr _Alley. I found that post but overlooked it due to it being a Holly carb. Regardless, modifications need to be made. I was hoping to find a direct replacement bracket but it seems that's not the case. I'll post the corrected bracket when I finish it seeing as there isn't a write up on an edelbrock carb.

Offline 86chevytrk

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
Update: ..! Finally, after extensive searching I found the correct bolt on bracket for my set up. This kit bolts on and after some simple adjustments. Your not only good to go but your tranny is shifting any way you like with peace of mind that you won't burn it up. The company is great and is available to you with expert knowledge and experience in overdrive transmissions. Name of the company was Bowtie overdrives. I highly recommend them if you want to run an automatic overdrive transmission.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:43:31 PM by Captkaos »