Author Topic: Where to get Evap coil (pic)  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Harmon

• Registered Users
Where to get Evap coil (pic)
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
I have this style Evap coil.  Went  to local parts house and got one, but it didnt match up.  Went back and that is the only style they had.  Has anyone ran into this and where should I go to replace it?

Offline DrDaryl

Re: Where to get Evap coil (pic)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »
What didn't match?  If your talking about the tubing coming out of the evaporator, sometimes you have to (carefully) bend it a bit to get it lined up.

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:42:56 PM »
What didn't match?  If your talking about the tubing coming out of the evaporator, sometimes you have to (carefully) bend it a bit to get it lined up.

This^^^^^

'86 C10 w/350:

...used from 1977 through about 1988 on GMC and Chevy C/K/R/V trucks.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Jason S

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »

If I remember correctly: The '73-'75 trucks that had a thermostat in the a/c evaporator were slightly different and had a slightly different accumulator.  Unless it's an early 70's truck, the '76-up a/c evaporators should fit just fine (with tweaking).
1973 GMC K2500, Super Custom, Camper Special, 350, TH350, NP203, 4.10's
1974 Chevrolet K10, Custom Deluxe, 350, SM465, NP203, 3.73's

"1) Peace through strength; 2) Trust but verify; 3) Beware of evil in the modern world"

Offline Harmon

• Registered Users
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
Yeah it was the piping coming off the evap coil...there was no way I could bend the pipe to get it even close to match.  I thought this would be a problem many would have faced....

maybe I just need to go to another parts house and order one and see if its closer.

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
Yeah it was the piping coming off the evap coil...there was no way I could bend the pipe to get it even close to match.  I thought this would be a problem many would have faced....

maybe I just need to go to another parts house and order one and see if its closer.

Everyone of the links I posted above looks the same as your image.  Check 'em out.

Maybe the parts house you patronized has a typo in their catalog.  Have them try to cross the P/Ns shown and see what they come up with... or go somewhere else....
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)