Author Topic: What's in your pocket?...  (Read 21720 times)

Online Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
Re: What's in your pocket?...
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »
Well if she has Alzheimer's just tell her she always loved it, remember?   :P
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline rayjos_1

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 07:15:33 PM »
In my right, I have a Swiss Army Executive or something like that and a Kershaw Money clip I got as a groomsman's gift in 1979. In my left, I have my Kardia Afib tester and a bottle of NitroGlycerin. It sucks getting old! !

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 06:31:06 PM »
In my right, I have a Swiss Army Executive or something like that and a Kershaw Money clip I got as a groomsman's gift in 1979. In my left, I have my Kardia Afib tester and a bottle of NitroGlycerin. It sucks getting old! !

I agree.  Getting old definitely ain't for wimps.

Sorry to hear about the AFib.  Our neighbor found-out about his when he passed-out while driving.  Apparently, his car did about two complete rolls before coming to a stop in a ravine.  Pretty scary stuff.

I looked-up the "Executive".  Nice piece.  Thanks for the post. 8)
I spent most of my money on Jack Daniel's, Copenhagen, pocket knives, and 4X4 trucks.  The rest I just wasted.

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 07:37:15 PM »
Before I routinely strapped a leatherman to my side I carried an Old Timer pocket knife.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline rayjos_1

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »
I looked-up the "Executive".  Nice piece.  Thanks for the post. 8)
[/quote]

I think that is what it was called 20 years ago,  but I couldn't find it. It has scissors, cork screw, lace tightened blade, Phillips and reg screwdriver, magnifying glass, that can't start a fire, tweezer, toothpick and 3 inch pen. Oh and a tiny screwdriver in the corkscrew to tighten my cheater glasses.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 01:21:46 AM »
Before I routinely strapped a leatherman to my side I carried an Old Timer pocket knife.

I'm pretty sure my maternal Grandfather carried Old Timers or a Case of some sort.  He had about three pocket knives (that would be referred to as "Gentlemen's pocket knives" these days) in his rotation.  I sure wish I had 'em.  I have my Father's last and second-to-last 110s, but nothing from my Grandfather.  :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:33:18 AM by JAH »
I spent most of my money on Jack Daniel's, Copenhagen, pocket knives, and 4X4 trucks.  The rest I just wasted.

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 01:31:03 AM »
Speaking of "Gentlemen's pocket knives", I had my Buck 503 in my pocket, today.

If you're looking for a really nice little pocket knife, the 503 might could fill the bill.  For those who might be familiar with a Buck known as "The 55", the 503 is almost identical in size.  As you can see, it has a drop point, nickel silver bolsters, and Rosewood/Dymondwood scales.

The advantage of the Dymondwood is that it won't warp if you soap-&-water wash it (like I do most of my knives).  Also, the nickel bolsters don't tarnish as quickly as the brass, in my experience.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:33:33 AM by JAH »

Offline brewster

• Registered Users
What's in your pocket?...
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 10:59:29 PM »
I’m not too old so I’ve only been carrying a knife for about 4 years and after going through quite a few different knives I am onto my second Kershaw link. My first one suffered a horrible life, it got dropped from the tops of semis, ran over, covered in water... it made it through it all and if it ever got dirty, a quick wipe with some lacquer thinner and viola it was new again. Then one day I dropped it in the parking lot when I was walking into work and I stuck it back in my pocket and two hours later when I went to use it the assisted open was busted so I ordered a new link. My new one has a serrated blade now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:01:22 PM by brewster »

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 11:56:50 PM »
I’m not too old so I’ve only been carrying a knife for about 4 years and after going through quite a few different knives I am onto my second Kershaw link. My first one suffered a horrible life, it got dropped from the tops of semis, ran over, covered in water... it made it through it all and if it ever got dirty, a quick wipe with some lacquer thinner and viola it was new again. Then one day I dropped it in the parking lot when I was walking into work and I stuck it back in my pocket and two hours later when I went to use it the assisted open was busted so I ordered a new link. My new one has a serrated blade now.

Man, that's a heckuva' testament to that knife.  It sounds like Kershaw is treating you well.

I was on another Forum for quite some time.  It was like my local bar.  On weekends, I'd pour me a Jack & Zero, and hang-out in the truck and knife threads.  It was always interesting to read about the many different knives that the guys carried daily...and why.  The Kershaw "Leek" was real popular with a lotta' the Kershaw guys.

In regard to the Link, it's a great lookin' piece.  Despite being a diehard Buck guy, I've considered adding one to my knife collection.  If you get a moment, look-up "House of Blades".  They're a Dealer out of North Texas (DFW area, if I'm not mistaken).  Just like Copper & Clad offers Buck exclusives, House of Blades offers Kershaw exclusives.  They offer a line of Links that have "Blackwash" blades.  The blue one is a very sexy piece, in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:26:05 AM by JAH »

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 12:24:11 AM »
Speaking of Copper & Clad exclusives, here's one that might capture the eyes of some of you guys.

This is my C&C exclusive Buck 119.  Instead of having the black phenolic handle and 420HC blade that some of you may've seen, it has a red Micarta handle and S30V blade.  For my eyes, it's quite lovely...

Online Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 09:07:41 AM »
Oh, we're turning this into a gun thread, eh?  Wait until I get home.... ;)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »
what type of revolver is that? it looks close to our old issued S&W 38
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 01:05:17 PM »
what type of revolver is that? it looks close to our old issued S&W 38

That's a Ruger Super Redhawk "Alaskan", in .454 Casull.

It's probably just a bit bigger than a S&W Model 10.  ;D

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2020, 01:23:31 PM »
Just a tad bigger lol
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Online Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »
I keep eyeballing the Ruger Alaskan's, but I can't figure out what I need one for, other than for the fun...

98 C2500 ext cab longbed