Author Topic: Re: Anyone heard of or going to this?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline ehjorten

Re: Re: Anyone heard of or going to this?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »
No one is saying don't get vaccinated or not to wear a mask. Imposing mandates without factual data and verifiable sources, testing done correctly without using human livestock as the guinea pigs, everything that is wrong with all of this is where at least half of the country, including myself have a problem. My degree is in business administration, I got an A in advanced calc and in stats so I know how to calculate percentages  ;D. My point about your math, is using round about numbers and data that has clearly been manipulated. It's no secret that a COVID labeled death = extra payouts for hospitals. Garbage in = Garbage out metrics. In business, we find many ways to make our numbers look the way we want, trust me, rarely is it accurate.

My cousin died last year and they said he had covid, when he did not! His wife later died from cancer and they labeled her a Covid death too. I'm not dumb enough to believe all the BS, I see and believe what I see and that's it. I will not be convinced otherwise, at this time. All of us are entitled to our perceptions and beliefs. I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone to follow my beliefs or stifle theirs.

Good talk Vile! I appreciate that. A good healthy debate is one of the things that makes America great. I have had a lot of discussions with so-called friends that just want to attack the other person personally rather than have a good debate about facts and personal beliefs.

I see your point and understand the issue about hospitals gaming the system to get money, but like I said earlier, even if the deaths were halved (a VERY conservative approach), the mortality rate from Covid is still something like 9 times higher than the flu and that is with all of the restrictions and physical distancing put in place! It would have been much worse if we did nothing.

Now to the point of the expediency of the vaccine...we had to do that! If we did not do that and assume some risk, the death toll and the length of the shutdown would have been much much longer! The economy would have been in shambles much more than it was. The data is out there. There is a ton of it! The FDA needed 6 months of data and then they have a 6 month review process. How long should we have waited? No one would have the vaccine yet! Incidentally, there is a lot of data out there now that is suggesting that the immunities wear off to the point now that in about 6 months you might need a booster shot. In the UK they have a lot of this data that suggests that. We are about at 6 months now from where the elderly in nursing homes first got their shots. What do we do? If we do nothing, we could perhaps see Covid making the rounds in nursing homes again.

One thing I will say about the vaccine...do you think it even has a chance of not being approved, after so many millions have received it? It would cause a panic! But...I got the vaccine and everyone I know received it, including my 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter. We haven't turned into zombies yet! :)
-Erik-
1991 V3500 - Gen V TBI 454, 4L80E, NP205, 14 bolt FF, D60, 8" Lift on 35s
1977 K20 Silverado - 350, THM350, NP203, 14 bolt FF, D44, Stock Lift on 31s
1969 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe - EFI350, THM350
1968 Chevrolet Step-side Pickup - 300HP L6

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2021, 06:42:27 AM »
Good talk Vile! I appreciate that. A good healthy debate is one of the things that makes America great.

Agreed, unfortunately, all we see are temper tantrums, political divide, and endless flaming everywhere. It's gotten old! It took a tragedy like 911 to bring our country back together, united, but here we are again. Media seems to be the catalyst to it all if you ask me.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 04:30:18 PM »
I want to add this, I've been going to a psychiatrist and psychologist for PTSD and depression, neither one wants to wear a mask and don't want their patients wearing one, not because of them being "ineffective" but because of the mental health issues they create. At work in the prison we've had little riots and big riots when the inmates get locked and are forced to wear a mask or have someone tell them every few minutes to pull their mask up. we've had more riots in the past year than we had in the 14 years I've been in the department.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes