Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by Swampyankee74 on Today at 06:36:27 PM »
Looks like a bracket for a bearing on a two piece driveshaft.  If so grind the rivets off and pull the bracket
I have a stock fuel pump without a return on a 383 stroker with a 750 holley vacuum secondary. Pump was putting out  about 9lbs. Had to put a pressure regulator on it to bring down to 6lbs. Everything works fine.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Shifty on Today at 04:40:25 PM »
Looks awesome Mike!  8)
73-87 Chevy & GMC Trucks / Re: Bonanza Model
« Last post by philo_beddoe on Today at 04:27:59 PM »
Very rare, highly sought after, like a 71 ragtop Cuda. Lol

Would the OEM mechanical fuel pump work or would I need to het a HP Fuel Pump? I noticed the aftermarket fuel pumps do not come with a return line. Is the return line really needed? I would prefer to keep the mechanical, yet have thought about an inline electric pump. Any recommendations would be great.

I also would like to know if anyone has used a fuel shutoff valve solenoid 12VDC. I have noticed they are powered in the open position and no power in the closed position. I would like to put one in my system to enable me to shut of the fuel supply for security purposes. Any solenoid valve recommendations?

Perhaps we should have a topic for security options on our trucks.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 04:13:22 PM »
I am looking at putting in an aluminum Edelbrock 8811 Water Pump in place of the cast steel brick I had on my old engine. Perhaps tomorrow will get one! Took some engine pics after painting it red.
Engine/Drivetrain / Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by philo_beddoe on Today at 04:08:42 PM »
Well, I know what is hitting it, had lots of bags of soil, mulch, that sort of thing in the bed, on way home from wmart, when hitting a drop in the road, or bump, I could hear the scrape. Why is this hitting, can I cut a space in this stupid rivited on box? And why is it rivited, and not simple bolts?

Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on Today at 03:51:14 PM »
Just remembered where should I stop off the vacuum advance and what effect would more or less have?

Graham
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on Today at 03:48:52 PM »
MSD arrived and so far having gone through it from top to bottom I can't find anything wrong with it, only thing I did find was that the centre contact under the coil was wrongly assembled, the brass collar was above the rubber insulator so it didn't protrude down from the underside of the cap to make contact with the rotor!
Coil checked out resistance wise, put a test lamp on the ICM and it pulsed like it should as I turned the shaft, pickup checked out good, still waiting for plugs to arrive so have fitted the MSD so once I get the plugs we'll see if it runs!

Graham
Fuel Systems and Drivability / Re: 87 TBI fuel pump insanity
« Last post by Captkaos on Today at 11:37:07 AM »
Are you testing with the bypass lead off the fuel pump relay on the firewall to verify the pump works? for this part?
when. I connect the test wire from the relay to the battery I csn manually kick on the fuel pump and it sounds lovely!

If so is the relay working?  There will never been any fuel coming out of the injectors unless the ECM triggers them to open.
Check this link for troubleshooting: http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com/techinfo/TroubleshootingTBISystems.pdf

Check these links also:
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=9072.0 - INJECTOR CIRCUIT DIAGNOSIS CHART A-4 (TBI)
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=37740.0 - FUEL PUMP RELAY CIRCUIT CHART A-5 (TBI)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10