Author Topic: Bumper & Brackets 86 C10  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Thundergrunt

Bumper & Brackets 86 C10
« on: April 27, 2019, 07:13:32 AM »
Help!
I purchased a bumpers from my 86 C10 Fleetside from Summit. I also purchased and returned a bracket kit that didn't work, but could not find the "correct" brackets, so I then purchased a bracket kit from Jegs. My Problem:  the holes on the bumper to bracket do not line up.  I've spend hours on the net: Summit and Jegs trying to determine if I still have the wrong brackets....I do not...but ??
The Bumper I have is  an OER153174A (Summit)  The Bumper Bracket is 0851-021B (Jegs).  I later found the same bracket at Summit #576-0851-021B.  Info listed on the Bumper and Brackets are for a 1986 Chevy C10 Fleetside.  HELP! What's wrong here????  Thanks!!  Dale

Offline Chuck Step-a-side

• Registered Users
Re: Bumper & Brackets 86 C10
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 08:08:17 PM »
Can you try aligned the bracket to the bumper and drill new mounting holes on the bumper or brackets? You might want to order a universal mounting bracket from Westin to make it work. I have done this to the rear bumper on my 1984 Chevy Stepside and it turned out terrific. I actually installed a after-market bumper designed for Chevy Luv Truck with universal brackets onto my Chevy shortbed by measuring and refitting over and over again to get the perfect leveled fit I wanted and at the end of the day, they mated perfectly.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Bumper & Brackets 86 C10
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:10:56 AM »
You will need the whole kit if it's a new install, which is the bumper, brackets, license plate frame, hardware and filler panel. It costs more to piece it all together unless you are just refreshing an existing bumper. Always check the store here first

http://store.73-87chevytrucks.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10