Author Topic: Need opinions on paint color  (Read 3270 times)

Offline rs74

Need opinions on paint color
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »
I hope I have this in the right place. I am going to start tearing into my truck after it has been in the barn for the last 4 1/2 years.  I am had originally planned on repainting the truck inside and out with the gray that these trucks orginally came out with. I guess I should add that my truck is an 85 Silverado.  I like the gray paint jobs on these trucks and I am wanting a new gray interior. But after pulling the truck out and getting it running again I am torn on painting it back as it is or doing the total make over. I would like it either way I am just wondering what others think.  The colors are burgandy and silver with the burgandy interior. So if you guys care to share what you think would look better then feel free to.  I think done right the gray would look a little classier than the burgandy and silver.  Although the burgandy and silver gives the truck its own look. Just not sure which way to go.

Offline rs74

Re: Need opinions on paint color
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
The snugtop will not stay on the truck after the paint job. It is just on there to keep whats in the bed out of the weather for now.

Offline Chevalade

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:59:03 PM »
Black always looks good with a wine/burgandy interior. You could even add a silver pinstripe to the black paint to make it even more classier.

Offline rs74

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:06:09 PM »
Well I thought if I was going to keep the burgandy interior then I would just keep the paint job I have now, just giving it a new repaint. But if I go with the gray interior then I would go with they gray paint. I would however pick a newer color of gray. Just to give it an updated look. Maybe something that had a little metalflake and high gloss. Thanks for the reply. I like black but it is always so hard to keep clean.  I have had a couple of black vehicles before and they always seem hard to keep clean and to keep a nice gloss finish on them.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »
     Personally I do not like the Burgundy Interiors, I think they look awful and when they get dirty they really look bad.  I would redo with Grey.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »
I agree, burgandy is just not an attractive color. I would ditch the cap and visor and go with charcoal grey or pewter
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 80stepsideguy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:41 AM »
Black cherry metallic, i think would look wild on that truck.. It came on a 1992 caprice classic...I painted my 1980 cutlass i had that color and looked sweet...

thanks
pat
1980 Chevy c10 restomod:  350/700r4 12 bolt 3.73 rearend iris blue metallic
1998 Chevy 1500 S/B 2wd
1970 cougar convertible: triple white 1 of 1
2014 Hyundai Tucson Limited(my daily driver)
2023 Kia Sportage X Pro (her daily driver).
2017 Hyundai Tucson Limited(her everyday driver).

Offline 1980c10

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »
I painted my truck with a gray and have a burgundy interior, almost went black and very glad I didn't. I think the color options on that were available on these older vehicles can be a part of what sets them apart.