Author Topic: Replacing Fuse Box  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Les_Paul

• Desiring knowledge
Replacing Fuse Box
« on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:35 PM »
Hey guys,

I've started some work on my '73 C30 and am wanting to replace the fuse box. It is already "unstable" because one of the clips has broken off, and I have a hard time keeping my A/C plugged into the unit for power. Is this difficult to replace? And where would I buy one that fits the pickup? The fuse box is located in the cab by the clutch...
73 C30 2WD, Single Cab, Long Bed, 350 V8, 4 Speed Muncie Manual Transmission

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: Replacing Fuse Box
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:38 PM »
     The inside fuse block is only half, the other half is under the hood on the fire wall.  They plug together.  If you are wanting to only replace the part that is the cab, you should be able to get them at a parts store.  If you do not have luck there, look on the store's site that is at the top of the page, next to the home button.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Les_Paul

• Desiring knowledge
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »
Thanks! So any idea how much the interior portion would run me? I currently have glass fuses and am also wondering if I should modernize it with the newer fuses?
73 C30 2WD, Single Cab, Long Bed, 350 V8, 4 Speed Muncie Manual Transmission

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:52:19 AM »
     There is a thread somewhere on here about switching the glass fuse over to the mini fuse block.  Just can not find it right now.
     Start with your local parts store on the fuse block, if you want to convert, e-mail the store on this site and see if Capt. Sells the kit.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
I have American Autowires Retrofit kit that updates everything with all the factory connectors for $675 + shipping: