Author Topic: How are medium/heavy duty trucks different than my 3500?  (Read 9509 times)

Offline bryanedp9

Re: How are medium/heavy duty trucks different than my 3500?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
That is a nice one for the price indeed. I may end up going with something like that when it's all said and done, but it's hard to say as the projects stack up. Got a LUV with a flatbed right now I'm considering pairing up with a teardrop on the bed or a 5x10 I've got in the yard. Definitely too little for extended trips or company but that may take priority as it's simply easier and all. Regardless I'd like to do something as mentioned with the crew cab one day. Still haven't gotten any of the real pertinent info to doing it "my way" but nobody ever does  :D

Offline Hans

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »
From years of experience - you will end up paying 10x what that moving van costs on just the hardware and incidentals for you opposed modifications to your dually, not to mention the years of working on it instead of using it. 

Do you just want to dream, do you want a project, or do you want to load up and go have the real adventure? 

Offline bryanedp9

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 01:00:45 AM »
From years of experience - you will end up paying 10x what that moving van costs on just the hardware and incidentals for you opposed modifications to your dually, not to mention the years of working on it instead of using it. 

Do you just want to dream, do you want a project, or do you want to load up and go have the real adventure? 

It's scalable