Author Topic: 1983 Silverado Restoration in Phoenix, AZ  (Read 2486 times)

Offline coppersilvy

1983 Silverado Restoration in Phoenix, AZ
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:26:02 PM »
About the truck
-Odometer reads 44K and was clocking miles when I drove it home. But, the dash screws say otherwise.
-Didn't do compression test. Checked the plugs and no warning signs showed.
-Wiring, disaster.
-Has a 305 w/ a 700r4. There is vibration when in idle. The differential has a lot of backlash and its oil lit up with flakes. Driveshaft is straight,  joints look like originals, and slip york is scarred.
-Brakes, the usual business.
-The body is 70% good. The other 30% is hacked from the camper package (Holes along both bed sides, option accessory holes drilled in the interior metal deck.), a rattle can paint job, and some dents. The cab and tailgate badges are in great condition and i'm throwing those away.
-I thought the interior was okay but I was dreaming.
-Rust free.

About me
I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I'm an actor. During my training, I had a hard coach. I found that living and breathing acting was torture. I needed something else to fascinate about between rehearsals. For me, its motors. Day and night I read and watch people who build whether it's fast or functional. My interest is more restoration. My motivation is being told I can't. I'll never waste time speaking about plans.

There is a lot of work to do and I am doing it alone. This is my first truck project. I'm open to all expertise and information.

Offline 77 Scottsdale

Re: 1983 Silverado Restoration in Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:10:54 AM »
Welcome to the site, nice truck  8)

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:14:13 AM »
Welcome.
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline AZ4X4SQBDY

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »
Welcome from down the 10 a little.

Looks like you got some decent bones to start with. The trucks are popular locally with a strong following. Good luck!
1987 GMC Sierra Classic 4x4 short, fleet, 1985 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 short, step side, '87 Chevy Silverado short fleet, '91 Dodge Ramcharger LE 4x4,
2005 Porsche Boxster S,1982 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce