Author Topic: Tailgate Louvered Skins  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Rooks454

• New Users
Tailgate Louvered Skins
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct section or not  but giving it a shot, if not please remove post.

I will be picking up a louvered bowtie tailgate  skin with reverse handle using 60's F100 door handle and rods. Surprisingly the rods are about perfect for the square body tailgate, and obviously better than any modern metal junk online.  The gentleman does wonderful work and used to advertise in trucking magazine in the late 90's. In fact if any of you guys have a vintage Truckin magazine you will run across his advertisement towards the back of believe. Out of all the louvered bow ties that I have seen not any other's have the curvature like he does.
Here is an example of a rusted piece of metal that has been out in the yard for a few years lol
Would not allow me to upload the example of the F100 handle flip which is on a pre 73-87 tailgate, but my last one was on a SQUARE Body  Tailgate  in 1993 which sadly was the last time I owned a Square body. Even then Fabricators were impressed with a non-gm handle being used.  Good to own a square again!
PS I never did stop looking and admiring.
I'm here to learn as much as I can.

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
Re: Tailgate Louvered Skins
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
Welcome
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Tailgate Louvered Skins