Author Topic: No Instrument Lights! Yikes! What did I do?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Dave87

No Instrument Lights! Yikes! What did I do?
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »
Well, Saturday the drivers side window motor died on my 87 Silverado 350 tbi. Was working fine, just crapped out all of a sudden so I thought maybe the switch in the door.  When I pulled off the top door panel, the hot wire from the power lock switch broke off and whipped back to short on the door body. Just a quick spark, yeah, I know I should have disconnected the battery.  I held the wire on the switch and tried the locks and they worked so I thought I lucked out and no damage was done. I went ahead and replaced the motor and put everything back together. The window works great but I later discovered that my instrument lights were not working.

Ok, here's the deal:  the fuses and circuit breakers under the dash look ok. The tail lights work. The courtesy and dome lights are fine. The check engine soon light still works when the key is turned.

The whole thing with the window motor may be a coincidence (or not). Before I pull the dash apart and start tracing wires I thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions.

By the way, after staring at the regulator with the window stuck in the down position for a couple of hours, I decided to cut an access panel in the door to get to the motor. It made it an easy job to R&R the motor. 3 bolts and a wire.

Well, any thoughts on the dash lights would be appreciated.

Online bd

• Global Moderator
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)