Author Topic: vintage air front and rear  (Read 3729 times)

Offline big.45

vintage air front and rear
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »
Anybody use vintage air for the front and manage to hook it up to rear air?

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: vintage air front and rear
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 11:27:14 AM »
I haven't, but it is just a matter of tying in the lines.  Have you talked to Vintage?

Offline big.45

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:02:17 PM »
Gave them a call last week and they were no help. There only suggestion was to get on the forum and ask.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 02:20:13 PM »
wow, really.  It is their system?  If you are going to run the rear factory setup you would just need to tie in the front to the rear like the factory.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
i emailed VA a couple weeks ago to see what they could do with my crew cab cummins. they replied back with this

"We do not offer anything made specifically for that vehicle and can only recommend a universal type kit.
Go to our online catalog and view pages 44 thru 51 to see which unit will fit best.
Always try and go with the largest that will fit to ensure sufficient cooling capacity.

We do not offer compressor brackets for diesel engines so that would be something you would have to either fabricate or seek elsewhere."

a little more help would be useful they didnt even say "this" will fit your truck but you have to figure out the compressor on your own

their customer service didnt impress me but i just realized they dont have the years right they stop at 87
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:15:01 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
Unless it's a fitment or custom look you are going for I would just fix the factory system. I'm not really impressed with VA either. I have looked at their competitions systems as well. I think I am going to custom build my next system so I can retain the factory controls.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Al92toyo

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 07:49:04 AM »
I had the same interaction when calling VA.  They were more interested in selling me 2 units, one for the front and one for the back then to help me tie in the rear a/c.  I reached out to RestoMod Air and they were very helpful.  They even have the T fittings needed to tie the two systems together.  I just received the kit but haven't installed it yet.  Will let you know how it works once I do but definitely give them a call.