Author Topic: Any experience with DJM control arms?  (Read 2897 times)

Offline hit_man

• Newb
Any experience with DJM control arms?
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »
Hello all'
I have been lusting over dropping the front of my 78' C10 by using DJM tubular drop control arms+coils. Achieving about 5" of drop. Has any one experimented with this? I am wanting to run stock 15x8.5" rallay wheels. I know that when drop spindles are used people are having to grind stock lower control arms for turning clearance. But one thing I am taking into account ground clearance. This is why I am looking at tubular control arms. Our local DOT has really been hammering people who's control arms hang lower than the rim lip... I don't want to give up my stock 15s!!!  I am open for suggestions to other suppliers.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Any experience with DJM control arms?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »
Hanging below the rim lip is what is called violating scrub, which makes the control arm like a ski when the tire goes flat.
I have used many Lowered control arms in the past, I don't think you will have an issue with DJM, however you may want to call them and tell them what your limitations are and how much you want to drop as they should be able to give you the answer you need.

Offline hit_man

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »
Thanks Chris. That thought crossed my mind but since I am "Mix and Matching" control arms and coils, I figured I would ask around for first hand advise. Just for my own knowledge do you know of any other companies making tubular control arms?

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
for lowering I think DJM is the only one doing control arms.

Offline 1fast78

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:42:33 PM »
Porterbuilt, Michigan metal works are two I know of