Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by bd on Today at 05:13:53 PM »
IMHO, although the aluminum pumps look really cool, they don't perform any better than ferrous pumps for street applications.  I've been happy with the Milodon high-flow iron pump on my SBC.  In reality, as long as the radiator has unobstructed air and coolant flows, even a factory pump should circulate the coolant just fine.
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 04:43:24 PM »
Thanks bd, that is well written and it did not occur to me to look at the technical info on the forum for that information. You did very well and I appreciate your assistance and will use what I read. Unfortunately, I already bought a water Edelbrock Water pump. What brands do you recommend?
Fuel Systems and Drivability / Re: 87 TBI fuel pump insanity
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on Today at 04:26:24 PM »
You're probably suffering from the same thing on my '89. I can hear it run when I apply B+, but it sounds like it's sloshing gas when I listen at the fill pipe.

The rubber hose section on the pump assembly is rotted out and the pump only produces 5 lbs of pressure, as the rest recycles back into the tank.
« Last post by bd on Today at 04:05:23 PM »
I don't recommend the Edelbrock aluminum water pumps.  They are a great idea but have a propensity to leak past the shaft seal with a few hours of use.  Have you looked through How to Seal Threaded Connections and Fasteners?
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 03:47:49 PM »
Does the torque values change when bolting down aluminum parts like heads, water pump, and other parts from the suggestions in maintenance manuals?

I used to use RTV on bolts going into water jacket holes, such as the water pump and some head bolts, that may not have been the best practice. What is the best sealant to use, gasket sealer or something else?
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by Scott91370 on Today at 11:05:20 AM »
I agree, it does look like it would be a carrier bearing mount.  If you're never going back to a 2 piece drive shaft, just cut the entire mount out.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by Swampyankee74 on April 18, 2024, 06:36:27 PM »
Looks like a bracket for a bearing on a two piece driveshaft.  If so grind the rivets off and pull the bracket
I have a stock fuel pump without a return on a 383 stroker with a 750 holley vacuum secondary. Pump was putting out  about 9lbs. Had to put a pressure regulator on it to bring down to 6lbs. Everything works fine.
« Last post by Shifty on April 18, 2024, 04:40:25 PM »
Looks awesome Mike!  8)
73-87 Chevy & GMC Trucks / Re: Bonanza Model
« Last post by philo_beddoe on April 18, 2024, 04:27:59 PM »
Very rare, highly sought after, like a 71 ragtop Cuda. Lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10