Author Topic: Back to normal  (Read 4754 times)

Offline fitz

Re: Back to normal
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 06:48:11 AM »
Any updates on what motor & EFI set up you are going to use in the truck?
I'm sure you have done your homework.

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »
Any updates on what motor & EFI set up you are going to use in the truck?
I'm sure you have done your homework.

Oh yeah, you know me, I have it already down to parts lists to the dollar.  It may change, it always does.

Essentially I want another SBC.  I've put WAY too much work into getting the accessories for SBC just like i want them and don't want to lose all that work and $$.  So it'll be SBC, MPFI Can't remember which one, as I dont have the printouts right now...lol   might be fast or one of those companies.  I priced out doing exactly what I want vs reality of it all, and I'll be going with the cheapest GM crate engine that has a roller cam.  It's about 330hp 350+ or so TQ.  Thats fine for me, and its about double what I have now.  On that will go aftermarket MPFI  and I haven't decided between getting another TH400 with agear vendors OD, or going for a 4L80E.  Can't find much info on gear vendors online except for RV's and GTOs.  I'd like to see the day to day usage in a pickup truck.  Thing is I dunno if the 4L80e will clear my trans hump or not.  3/4 ton with a low hump floor.  I do not want to mess with the floor.

I'll update this later when I get my parts list out of the drawer for definates.

I have two lists, one is the practical one, one is the all out one.  Practical list is about $13k, All out list is about $20k  All out is 430hp/470tq with all the trimming and one of those dakota digital dash's with the gauges that look like the ones i have now.  I may get those anyway, my dad found them and sent them to me...  they are sexy, but I'd lose my air gauge...  Decisions...

Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »
A Chrome vs Black Lugs on Chrome Wheels thing.

My chrome lugs got rusty so I replaced them.  Tried Black ones this go round.  no particular reason why, chrome is fine, I just thought they would give it some nice contrast.

Just a before n after.  Don't do what everyone else does, just make something up.  why not, thats what the people who said this is how to do it did. :)
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »
Few Pics of the horns and the brakets I made.  They were made, no welding, all aluminum L-channel, bolted together, then the whole unit painted black

1st pis is of the air gauge as i received it from ebay,
Kenny