Author Topic: No Headlights, Taillights, Horn, or Gauges  (Read 1198 times)

Offline 4wdmemes

No Headlights, Taillights, Horn, or Gauges
« on: September 30, 2021, 09:54:25 PM »
Hello all, today I started up my 1984 K10 LWB and noticed that I have no headlights, taillights, sidemarkers, interior lights, or horn. Although when I press the brake, the brake lights work, so no burnt bulb. And the turn lamps work when I use the turn signals. Any help is appreciated, 1984 diagrams would especially be helpful. ;D

Online bd

• Global Moderator
Re: No Headlights, Taillights, Horn, or Gauges
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 10:56:47 AM »
The 1984 Wiring Manual is available along with all the other manuals in our Technical Forum.

Number 1157 (and the subsequent 2057) bulbs have dual filaments.  The brake/turn signal lamps and running lamps employ separate filaments within the bulbs.  So bad bulbs remain a possibility until physically verified.

Using an incandescent test light, is the alternator #2 regulator terminal constant 12 volts?  Check the fusible links and connections to the starter solenoid 3/8" B+ stud.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Susipfm

• New Users
Re: No Headlights, Taillights, Horn, or Gauges
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 08:55:16 AM »
I am having the same issue, I found a cab to frame ground strap broken, ordering a new one to see if that is the problem, I'll keep you posted

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk