73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Brakes, Frame, Steering & Suspension

We need help identifying this frame

(1/2) > >>

dalealan:
My brother is building a 50 model Chevrolet Truck. The frame is out of a square body truck. But he does not remember what the year model it came out of. We have looked the frame over and have only found a set of numbers on the passenger side of the frame just to the rear of the Transmission Cross member. There are no numbers anywhere else on the frame. The frame has a 10 bolt rear end. We took the brake pads off and went to the parts store and they couldn't narrow it down for us. I am posting a picture of the numbers on the side of the frame. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I can post more pictures of the whole frame if it would help. Thanks in advance

Mike81K10:
I think the number should have some letters in it for a VIN number on the frame. The number should be on the passenger side on frame about where the passenger sits. That number could be the part number for the frame/chassis. If I am off, others on here are more knowledgeable.

Take a look at the November 13, 2016 post, it might clarify the information for you.

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=34003.msg289406#msg289406

Swampyankee74:
My 74 has the vin number on the top of the frame by the steering box. Hope this helps

dalealan:

--- Quote from: Mike81K10 on March 06, 2024, 03:09:29 PM ---I think the number should have some letters in it for a VIN number on the frame. The number should be on the passenger side on frame about where the passenger sits. That number could be the part number for the frame/chassis. If I am off, others on here are more knowledgeable.

Take a look at the November 13, 2016 post, it might clarify the information for you.

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=34003.msg289406#msg289406

--- End quote ---

Hey Thanks.
Thats exactly where these numbers are. I read that thread before. There are no nummbers anywhere else on the frame.

Shifty:
Post a pic of the inner/outer pads, I'll check 'em out through the FMSI book.  Part numbers on the shocks might narrow it down, but probably not much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version