Author Topic: wiper issue  (Read 1035 times)

Offline bedwards

wiper issue
« on: October 05, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »
1985 c-10. Last week my wipers started wiping 3 times when I start the truck. I shot a light oil down the stalk to the multi function switch which cured it for about a week. Now its back doing it again. It seems that what I used last is what it does when I start it. If I use the mist function, they wipe once and if I use the clean function, they wipe three times when I start the truck. The pulse function seems to work fine and they wipe as they should.
I have contact cleaner but have hesitated to use it just yet.
Any ideas are appreciated.

thanks in advance

Offline mrbetelman

Re: wiper issue - goes 3 times at startup
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 02:43:13 PM »
Hilarious, I just logged in to ask this exact same question. I have an 85 GMC K2500 High Sierra. I swapped out the arm on the column as I thought something was haywire in there, but no luck. I don't want to just start swapping out parts, I wanted to know how to troubleshoot this issue.

Offline bedwards

Re: wiper issue
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 07:36:28 PM »
Mine are working right now. I hate intermittent problems. I think they weren't parking correctly. I put light oil in the switch assembly and when that didn't work I put some under the cover of the parking mechanism on top of the wiper motor and ran it. It is noticeably parking better.

good luck

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: wiper issue
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 07:23:11 AM »
I like that. Electrical problem? Shoot oil at it  lol

Clean the connector terminals at the wiper motor before anything else.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10