Author Topic: 1986 Chevy K10 Question on rear emergency brake cable holder? or bracket?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline kennyoung

1986 K10 short bed......Quick Question, on the rear E Brake, passenger side, the E Brake cable that runs from Drivers side to Passenger side I think attaches to a bracket that is attached at one end to a bolt in the differential cover and the other end should probably be attached to the E Brake cable. In my case the fasteners that attach the cable and keep the cable attached to the brackets are missing. Do any of you have photos of what holds the cable to the bracket.....I am calling it a bracket, it could be called something else. I was unable to locate it in any parts catalog online or otherwise.....See photos please....

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
It's bent up
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline kennyoung

VileZambonie ....are you saying I simply need to bend the end of this metal piece around the E Brake Cable? Seems that that is a reasonable solution, except the hole in the end thru me off that path. Anyway, maybe that's all there is to it....thanks

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
Welcome to the site.
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline kennyoung

thanks Rapid Roy

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Hook hole A over and onto pin B.   :)
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline kennyoung

aaaaahhh....cool, thanks BD.....

now why did I not see that?

thanks for the directions...it was really bugging me why this was all loose. It just did not seem right....I will check it out.

Offline kennyoung

BD, thanks, I had to remove the bracket from the other side to get this bracket onto the nipple in the front...then tighten the bolt on the other side on the diff cover side..thanks, I should have seen that, but now I know.