Author Topic: questions for anyone using spindles and a stock 15 rally  (Read 4343 times)

Offline JMB

questions for anyone using spindles and a stock 15 rally
« on: August 01, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
my truck has 3 drop springs in the front and a flipkit in the back ..iv got a set of 2.5 drop spindles in my closset(saving up for the install and alighnment)my question is this ..when i get my spindles put on im going to ditch the drop coils and hack about 1coil off my stockers..so when i do this will my stock wheels rub my control arms or will pinching acur (not exactly sure what that is) basically when i put these on what kind of problems or modifications will i run into???    also if your wondering why im ditching the 3drop coils i bought them used and for some reason the drivers side one is sagging bad enough iv got one of those spacers in it ...

Offline bagged81

Re: questions for anyone using spindles and a stock 15 rally
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »
When I put 3" drop spindles on my truck and I had the stock 15" rallies, the control arms did hit.  I ended up cutting about 3/4" of the lip off the bottom on the lca and rewelding a piece of 3/4" flatstock to the top of the lca to add some strength.  

Get what I am saying?

Jeff C.
1981 Silverado - bagged, z'ed and 20's

Offline gearhead

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »
What might I ask is an Ica?

Offline 79Blues

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »
LCA (lca) - Lower Control Arm

Offline DrpdShrty

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
i have cut coils and 2.5" spindles and my lower control arm hit if i get a hard bump.

Offline 78chevstepside

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 04:45:00 PM »
I have a 4/6 drop with a notched frame with stock rally wheels. I had to grind alot of the lower a-arm lip. I also had to put in about a 1/2 inch wheel spacer. I also had to go to a smaller tire  235/ 60s 15s  .  I also had to use flat wheel weights that sit inside the wheel to prevent rubbing . This is needed if your stock wheels have inside wheel weights( another option is to rotate  wheels around till you find 2 that inside weights are not required).  My truck still rubs  a little on real sharp  turns. Iam very serously thinking of upgrading to a 20" wheel  to solve all  these problems. Before I lowered my truck I had just bought new tires. Well i had to buy 2 more after I lowered. I guess you can see why iam not in a rush to buy more tires.:D  lol  

Offline DrpdShrty

spindles with 15" wheels
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »
i had 255/60/15 tires on 8" stock rallies  with a 6/5 drop and never rubbed on turns.  now i have a 215/70 on the same 8" rallies and still no rub.