Author Topic: 3/4 Drop: I need pics  (Read 6228 times)

Offline JAG66

3/4 Drop: I need pics
« on: June 28, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »
I'm getting bored with my totally stock 87 Silverado SB. If I keep it, I'd like to lower it and put wider tires under it? AIM and others have 3" drop spindles and 4" shackles/hangers. I don't want to go any lower. I'm thinking of BFG T/A 275/60's front and back or would 255/70's fill the wheel wells better. Do I need different shocks? Has anyone got any pics of this set up? Any suggestions, comments, problems?

Offline JAG66

Anybody?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »
Anybody, any help or ideas?

Offline smokin77

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »
Id bag it! Go to www.ridetech.com

Offline JAG66

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the link, Smokin77. Lot's of nice projects to look at. I still would like to see a total stock SB lowered 3/4. Would I need other shocks with this mild drop? I know all the vendors will recommend it, but is it necessary?

Offline JMB

maybe this will help
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
ok dude im not going to sugar coat it ...if you use coils your rides going to suck,the local speed shops will keep ordering the rong shocks because they cant understand that shorter springs =shorter shocks /DO USE A FLIP KIT FOR THE REAR OR AT THE VERRY LEAST SHACKLES AND HANGERS iv got the flip and love it but my trucks got the 3inch drop coils and even with bellteck shocks rides like sht(but my spindles should be here soon)and i think that should be the way you lower yours also, ill definately post my results after i get mine installed ..as far as looks? its a huge improvement ..5/7 is even ,but laid out is the best...

Offline JAG66

RE: JMB
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 01:35:00 PM »
JMB, Thanks for the comments. I do plan to use drop spindles up front and shackles/hangers in rear. Do I need different or shorter shocks in rear? What size tires are you running? Do you have pics you can email me at jeffgarner66@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Offline JMB

Re: RE: JMB
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »
sorry bro i dont have any pics and my tires are verry tall i posted somewhere on here but without going out and checking i think they are 225 70 15 they definately fill up the wheel wells but theyr way to big...iv got some seventeens and they are sweet but to many guys with to much money want them so theyr probobly going bye bye...any way i strongly believe whith more susp travel the ride will be good if not great these guys on this forum are verry helpfull and if i would have listened to them first id be riddin a lot better now...anyhoo as far as shocks for the rear? you can go with stck shoks and shock extenders from aim or you can just go with a lowered shok from a lot of companies i would go ahead and spring for a c notch cause sooner or later you will want to go lower..btw my spindles came in to day so in four weeks ill tell you all about the install and how the ride is..im going with 2.5 drop spindles 1 ring cut on fac coils a flip kit a 1-2 inch blocks and new shocks  and a c notch in the rear..later sorry for the long response...

Offline DrpdShrty

here
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »
i have a 5/5 drop with 275/60 in back and 255/60 in front with no problems at all

Offline DrpdShrty

pic
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 06:49:00 PM »